Legion
Sadly, the smoothness seems to have lasted just the first day. On day 1, I happily played throughout the day with no problems at all (until the very end of the day where it got laggy). I finished the day at level 106.

On day 2, Stormrage seems excessively laggy. I haven't actually been booted, but the lag spikes are very long. It seems to come in waves, so I can play perfectly fine in between waves, but once one hits I'm left staring at the screen waiting for everything to catch up.
-TheDragoon
King Ymiron really, really doesn't like being clicked on too much.

Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I've been nothing but impressed so far with everything Legion. The Broken Isles really feels like World of Warcraft II - I just hope they can keep this up.

World Quests keep the action going throughout the zones and level scaling keeps everything relevant. In fact, I'd say level scaling is the single largest game changer in this expansion and it's clear they'll eventually implement it everywhere. Just imagining all of World of Warcraft scaled like that...you could do so much with old zones then so that quests can be worldwide instead of isolated to expansion areas for specific level ranges...

Suramar really feels like an actual "city" - just explore it sometime; the level of detail in every nook and cranny is surprising. It feels alive and that you're just one person in a sea of thousands.

Voice acting is everywhere. It used to be that when a quest was voice acted, you knew it was a Big Deal.™ Now practically everything is voice acted, and you get used to it that by the time you ever do some old content again, it feels like a silent movie.

Patch 7.1 is coming with the revamped, redesigned Karazhan, which includes the "upside down" portion that exists under the tower:

And now Blizzard's announced their Legion app, which will allow you to take care of the busywork of your Order Hall missions on your phone so you can maximize your playtime out in the world. (Frankly, I don't see the point of Order Hall missions at all but Blizzard just won't give up the crappy Facebook stuff.)
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Old but relevant if you haven't seen it until now, that the expansion's out:

Worth it just for the ending, which is so true...
I basically agree with everything you said, Bolty. Some other observations:

The trash items you get from finding the world chest / cashes are WAY more interesting than anything from the past. Some of them are hilarious!

I feel like the way they introduced the dungeons and bosses of dungeons / raids throughout the leveling process was very well done. Usually, it seems kind of forced but I think this time around it was done a bit more effectively. They used scenario-type quests effectively in this area, too.

I also love that there's a ton of stuff to explore. The main quest chains for each zone are just the start - you can happen across quests all over the place. I thought it was very cool to travel from place to place and hit the occasional quest chain. Usually they were fairly short so it's not a huge deal if you miss it, but they're often fun and add to the feel of each zone.

I think they did an excellent job of adding humor throughout the game. They even poked fun at themselves numerous times. I enjoyed things like the imp quest giver who says something to the effect of, "It's great to have a minion of my own!"

Overall I've been enjoying it. There's a ton to see and do. We'll see how grindy things seem to be in the long-run, but for the time being it's been a lot of fun!
-TheDragoon
Okay, you really have to know your Warcraft lore to get what's going on in this, but if you do, hopefully you find it as funny as I did!
I hate the queues on Stormrage. I'm seeing in various places (reddit) (official forums) that there are servers with similar or larger populations that do not have queue lengths as bad as Stormrage's queues. Some folks are pointing to the use of the Legion App as a possible source for the queues.
(09-12-2016, 04:01 PM)Tal Wrote: I hate the queues on Stormrage. I'm seeing in various places (reddit) (official forums) that there are servers with similar or larger populations that do not have queue lengths as bad as Stormrage's queues. Some folks are pointing to the use of the Legion App as a possible source for the queues.

I have seen one the blue posts pointing out part of how the app works and that it should not be the source of the problem. I also seriously doubt that there is an unusually higher percentage of players using the app on the Stormrage server than on those other servers with similar population to Stormrage.
And now, the Suramar theme song.