Open Diablo Editor (ODE)
Hello All,

Now that GOG has made D1 available once more, I am thinking of providing an update to this project.

Question: is anyone actually interested in an update?

Thanks, --QC
Hey qc,

I would say that the question is not if there is interest in the project but if there still is the need for it in it's current form. With devilution having completely reversed the source code and devilutionX adding Multi-OS-Support and tons of other stuff, modding is as easy as it never was and new mods will be popping up like new grass.

Perhaps a modified version of your tool which is based on devilution (or X) that applies selectable patches and/or usability features directly to the source code and compiles it again would be better.

But on the other hand one could add this customizability directly to the projects themselves (in form of an config/properties file) and creating a GUI for that would be the more generic approach.

just my 2 cents - I really liked the idea of having your tool to apply some usability features to an unmodded diablo, but from my point of view it's a bit obsolete with devilution around.

regards
keksnase
Post removed.

As Jordan B. Peterson points out, "Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world"
for a discussion on the legal terms of the project and what was used and what not I would advise you to join the discord channel and talk to galaxyhaxx and the other devs: https://discord.gg/aQBQdDe