Patch 6.0 Hits Servers 10-14-14
I'm going to have so much inventory space.

Patch 6.0 Reminders
(10-10-2014, 03:34 PM)Tal Wrote: I'm going to have so much inventory space.

Patch 6.0 Reminders

Curse you, Tal! Between this post and Bolty's Gnome run, the pull is almost painful. Not to mention the desire to top the collection of 90s in your sig! Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Loch, I have fourteen level nineties now...but not all of them are gnomes.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(10-10-2014, 11:12 PM)LavCat Wrote: Loch, I have fourteen level nineties now...but not all of them are gnomes.

Slacker! I'd have capped all 20 of mine by now. Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Assuming you have two accounts you could have had twenty two by now!

I was leveling a few more but when they died I lost interest. The last two I leveled to 90 are hardcore. And no, I did not purchase the instant level to 90 option.
(10-11-2014, 02:52 AM)LavCat Wrote: Assuming you have two accounts you could have had twenty two by now!

It's not 50 across all servers still? I had 10 each (max then) on Stormrage and Terenas, but just one account.

(10-11-2014, 02:52 AM)LavCat Wrote: And no, I did not purchase the instant level to 90 option.

Seriously? They sell you level 90? How sad! I did notice though that the toons shown for my old account list as level 85 and I think I left long before that was possible. I thought they were 70, maybe 80? Did they automagically bump old toons? I would feel robbed of the fun of leveling (yes I did enjoy it even though it seems many folks don't).
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Sorry, I was thinking only of Stormrage. It's 11 characters now per server per account. I don't think the total per account has changed.

To my knowledge characters have never automatically leveled. A boost to level 90 costs $60 each, or one free boost when you purchase the expansion. No obligation to use it.
(10-11-2014, 08:53 PM)LavCat Wrote: Sorry, I was thinking only of Stormrage. It's 11 characters now per server per account. I don't think the total per account has changed.

To my knowledge characters have never automatically leveled. A boost to level 90 costs $60 each, or one free boost when you purchase the expansion. No obligation to use it.
I was going to write, "If I get WoD..." But, if I am honest with myself it is "When I get WoD..." I will use the level 90 option on one of my more utility class chars to be able to team up with those who've been stuck at 90 for along time. And, I will probably devote myself to that char only for the first month or so.

I've jumped in and out of Wow a few times, and it's really, really hard to get back on the bike, figure out how to work the controls again, find the add ons that work for you again, then ride that bike up hill to catch up with everyone else who are speeding down the other side.

What I've found out is that, yes, you worked yourself to the top of the hill. You pat yourself on the back. But, everyone else you know is done. They've now grown tired of the novelty which you are now finally ready to tackle. It's better to try to stay with the pack.

caveat: Unless they are college students who play 24/7 when they're not in class or studying. Then, you can't keep up anyway.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(11-03-2014, 07:19 PM)kandrathe Wrote: What I've found out is that, yes, you worked yourself to the top of the hill. You pat yourself on the back. But, everyone else you know is done. They've now grown tired of the novelty which you are now finally ready to tackle. It's better to try to stay with the pack.

And this explains the surge in membership after 6.0 dropped and WoD isn't out yet. People returning to WoW use that time to regain familiarity with their characters and get them ready to hit the ground running upon the expansion release. The servers sure have been hopping lately.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(11-03-2014, 07:19 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I've jumped in and out of Wow a few times, and it's really, really hard to get back on the bike, figure out how to work the controls again, find the add ons that work for you again, then ride that bike up hill to catch up with everyone else who are speeding down the other side.

What I've found out is that, yes, you worked yourself to the top of the hill. You pat yourself on the back. But, everyone else you know is done. They've now grown tired of the novelty which you are now finally ready to tackle. It's better to try to stay with the pack.

This is where I think I differed from most of the WoW world. I never cared if I was caught up to other players. I got dragged kicking and screaming into raiding (and even somewhat groups). I did come to enjoy them, but mainly to see and beat content I otherwise would not have experienced. The social aspect of the game was guild chat, talking with a group of good people whose company I enjoyed. Solo was 90% of the content I was looking for and I was at peace with running around leveling and skilling, just to have done it.

I see that players will be able to build a garrison in WoD. I think I would really get wrapped up in building the Lochnarmy™ complex, not for anyone else to look at and say "Wow" but just to have been able to achieve it by myself. I also see something a little disturbing in WoD. Gnomes are cute, not buff. They ruined the male gnome. He looks like he spends too much time in the gym and not enough in the library. Dodgy
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
One click to turn off the new character models.
(11-04-2014, 12:34 AM)LavCat Wrote: One click to turn off the new character models.
Is it just me, or do the new elf women seem more buxom?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(11-03-2014, 10:00 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: He looks like he spends too much time in the gym and not enough in the library. Dodgy

[Image: 400798.jpg]

I see what you mean.

[Image: pwj7xIC.png]

Aw, dangit.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I've been keeping a copy of the old novel just to see how they would handle that.
(11-07-2014, 11:02 PM)LavCat Wrote: I've been keeping a copy of the old novel just to see how they would handle that.

I'm fairly certain that my druid still has her copies of the first four in the series.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386