Patch 3.0 Background download up
So start your downloader overnight for the first 821 MB installment of 3.0....

(I'm a Mac user, so I just go to the WoW folder and start the downloader manually when I'm ready, and let it run while I sleep)

--Mav
Quote:So start your downloader overnight for the first 821 MB installment of 3.0....

(I'm a Mac user, so I just go to the WoW folder and start the downloader manually when I'm ready, and let it run while I sleep)

Which is the same thing you can do as a PC user as well.

Normally the downloader means a few weeks from release. Based on the bugged state of skills on the WotLK beta realms I can't believe that 3.0 will be ready in 2 weeks. I could see them putting it on the PTR in 2 weeks and then giving that 4 more weeks, but not live realms in that time. So many things are just broken still.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Which is the same thing you can do as a PC user as well.
Normally the downloader means a few weeks from release. Based on the bugged state of skills on the WotLK beta realms I can't believe that 3.0 will be ready in 2 weeks. I could see them putting it on the PTR in 2 weeks and then giving that 4 more weeks, but not live realms in that time. So many things are just broken still.

I'm going to bet this is mostly static content that's being added in the expansion. i.e. stuff that's not going to change regardless of what happens in beta/PTR

--Mav
Quote:I'm going to bet this is mostly static content that's being added in the expansion. i.e. stuff that's not going to change regardless of what happens in beta/PTR
You mean the hunter <strike>nerfs</strike> changes?

:P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Achievements, barber shops, instance layouts, etc.;)
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:You mean the hunter <strike>nerfs</strike> changes?

:blink::blink::blink:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:You mean the hunter <strike>nerfs</strike> changes?

Please, let's not start 'the sky is falling, they nerfed <my favorite class>' when it's still in beta/not even on PTR yet.
--Mav