Network Ports
For game play (as opposed to downloading, chat, etc.) does WoW use any ports other than TCP 3724?

And if so for what purposes?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Per Blizzard, here's the ports for all their games (WoW listed near the bottom)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
That was the list with which I was familiar. I am confused because I had gone to the in-game help tonight and there they said to open ports:

All but 3724 were new to me.

I have been having intermittent connection issues which may be due to a new NIC. On the other hand for a while I was able to log onto Tichondrius but not to Stormrage.
This afternoon I spent a couple hours in WoW with only ports TCP 1119 and TCP 3724 open. No disconnects or slowdowns. Ping about 35ms.

Nonetheless I reset my ports to what they had been, which is according to the document that Lissa linked.

I'm not sure Blizzard knows what ports their games really use.
Blizzard, along with many other gaming companies, has been under a DDoS attack for some time now. If you're getting lag outs and disconnections in WoW, it's likely not on your end, but rather caused by these "hackers."
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thanks, that may explain a lot.