Pre-3.0.2 and Pre-Wrath goals
I read in wowhead that they didn't count a couple days ago, but by that point I had already confirmed they did.

Here is a screenshot to save the time of those of you running off to test it. :lol:

[Image: aqmount2dp3.jpg]

Patch day edit: They for certain count and I have my albino drake.:)
Personaly i'd like to get the Champion of the Naruu tag on a toon, Bad probably.

Also Shat'tar Rep to get the Alchemist Trinket so i can make the SSO one.

Mist
Quote:I read in wowhead that they didn't count a couple days ago, but by that point I had already confirmed they did.

Here is a screenshot to save the time of those of you running off to test it. :lol:
--snip--

My biggest question from your screenshot is around this: "lookin cute feelin cute"?

=)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
My wife (Rhasil/Thelania/Derinnia) just picked up the Hand of A'dal title on her mage thanks to hitching a ride on the Terenas Lurkers' TK run the other night (followed up with a Rage Winterchill kill with our guild on Wednesday).

That was a pretty good score just before the patch for someone that hadn't bothered to do the quests earlier.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:I read in wowhead that they didn't count a couple days ago, but by that point I had already confirmed they did.

How does that confirm they count towards the 50? Just because they now end up in the pet/mount interface like everything else doesn't count as confirmation for me. What I've read is that some people have had 52 mounts with 3 of them being the AQ ones but still didn't get the achievement for having 50 mounts.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:How does that confirm they count towards the 50? Just because they now end up in the pet/mount interface like everything else doesn't count as confirmation for me. What I've read is that some people have had 52 mounts with 3 of them being the AQ ones but still didn't get the achievement for having 50 mounts.
The achievment tracker count on the right of the screen was matching the mount count in the storage interface. It does look like it is counting them for getting the completion.
Quote:The achievment tracker count on the right of the screen was matching the mount count in the storage interface. It does look like it is counting them for getting the completion.

Ah I missed that. Never seen it pop up for me on any other achievements when doing stuff in beta, didn't even know there was such a thing. :)
---
Quote:Ah I missed that. Never seen it pop up for me on any other achievements when doing stuff in beta, didn't even know there was such a thing. :)
It doesn't seem to work for some, but you can track achievements like you do quests.
Quote:Ah I missed that. Never seen it pop up for me on any other achievements when doing stuff in beta, didn't even know there was such a thing. :)

There is no auto pop-up like for the quests, but you can do a check on the achievement interface to put those progress tracking bars up like that. Having them pop-up automatically would likely fill your screen with of different ones at times just for killing a mob or handing in some quest.
Quote:My wife (Rhasil/Thelania/Derinnia) just picked up the Hand of A'dal title on her mage thanks to hitching a ride on the Terenas Lurkers' TK run the other night (followed up with a Rage Winterchill kill with our guild on Wednesday).

That was a pretty good score just before the patch for someone that hadn't bothered to do the quests earlier.

You know I should see when you guys are next doing Hyjal to see if I could maybe sneak Marn in for Rage since he still needs that part for the questline (I was rarely raiding with Marn when we were doing Hyjal and SSC, was usually on my tank or healer so only very recently got that stuff going)
---
Quote:The achievment tracker count on the right of the screen was matching the mount count in the storage interface. It does look like it is counting them for getting the completion.
Sounds like time to run AQ40 for mountage! :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:Sounds like time to run AQ40 for mountage! :)

One of the achievements is for a *RED* AQ mount. I never got one of those! :P
--Mav
Quote:One of the achievements is for a *RED* AQ mount. I never got one of those! :P
And I royally ticked off some Carpe Aurum's by winning one my first time in there.:D

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:One of the achievements is for a *RED* AQ mount. I never got one of those! :P
I've only seen one drop twice. <_<
Quote:I've only seen one drop twice. <_<

I noticed (though this is purely anecdotal evidence) that they dropped a lot more deeper in the instance than out near the start. We'd usually start to see them in the hallway/pool leading up to Huhuran.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:I noticed (though this is purely anecdotal evidence) that they dropped a lot more deeper in the instance than out near the start. We'd usually start to see them in the hallway/pool leading up to Huhuran.
Anecdotal counterpoint, with even less of a sample to draw from than yourself, Mirajj, was mine was from the second set of Anubisath right near the entrance. Like most rare, random events I believe our brains try to construct a pattern of out the randomness.

Ymmv,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Anecdotal counterpoint, with even less of a sample to draw from than yourself, Mirajj, was mine was from the second set of Anubisath right near the entrance. Like most rare, random events I believe our brains try to construct a pattern of out the randomness.

Ymmv,
~Frag B)

Well, that's why it's anecdotal evidence only. But as most folks who raided with me would attest to, the pattern for our raid locks held true. We "generally" saw them start to drop around hallway to Huhu. But that doesn't mean we never got one off the first or second pull, that sort of thing. I just know that with us, they tended to be prized because it meant you'd been deep into AQ40 with us, or gotten really, really lucky.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I just made my "easy" goal: Four lvl70s with epic flghtskill.

The "hard" one is to start into WotLK with 10.000 gold. Ah well, only 8.000 missing:o.
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.