1.0 and the Passive Reset - Gear Choices.
I've been really excited since hearing that 1.0 comes with a complete Passive Reset. I have a Witch, that I've neglected for some time, as I just grew incredibly tired of the slogfest that is a summoner. It was cool, and it was easy (except trying to track down super awesome spectres when you log in)

So, I've posted in the other thread about my intentions, and I've come up with some ideas, and I posted a final version of the build (which ended up not being the final version) pending anything nifty that happens in the middle thanks to the addition of the scion.

I've got the gear rounded up, and I'm looking over some of my choices. Since I'm fairly "newb" at all things Caster, and Crit based, I'm looking for some help on figuring out how I should rank some of the pieces.

I'm going to be going CI / Freeze Pulse / Ice Spear / Crit based. I've worked out a build that gets me a good amount of crit in the tree, a healthy amount of ES / Armor and what not, and some elemental / cold / spell damage. I'm pretty pleased with the build. I'm also going to be utilizing the Power Charge on Hit Passive in a couple of spots, since Power Charge Passives really made the build come together a lot "cleaner" than trying to work around them. All Told, I was able to gain 8 passive skill points by opting for Power Charges, Even factoring in spending 2 "extra" points to pick up the Power Charge + Spell Power Per PC in the Witch Area. I like that.

So, With Critical Cold Damage as my "choice" I'm trying to figure out:

1.) How much of a "big deal" is 12% increased ES, and dual Resist on a Neck Piece? I'm assuming that it's a pretty big deal at level 73, as I'll be dealing with a large amount of ES already.

Would it be a big enough "addition" to trump 14% increased Damage + a Flat 16 ES?

Would it be a big enough deal to trump 8% Spell Damage, and a 39% increased Crit Multiplier?

Or 34 Attributes, 15% inc. Crit Chance and +16 ES?

Or, 4% Increased Spell Damage, +34 Attributes, and 14% Inc ES?

those are really the variations in the Necks that I have tucked away that I'm trying to settle in on.

Any Help trying to get me honed in on one would be appreciated :0
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-21-2013, 09:51 PM)shoju Wrote: 1.) How much of a "big deal" is 12% increased ES, and dual Resist on a Neck Piece? I'm assuming that it's a pretty big deal at level 73, as I'll be dealing with a large amount of ES already.
I would go with that one if I couldn't cap those resists otherwise. They are just so much more valuable in merciless, especially at range.

(10-21-2013, 09:51 PM)shoju Wrote: Or, 4% Increased Spell Damage, +34 Attributes, and 14% Inc ES?
And this one if you have the resists with the rest of your equipment.

Since you can always multiply damage by throwing another cast, I always go for anything that helps the toon stay alive first. You don't tend to do a lot of damage once you've done a face plant. Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I'm a big fan of more damage and the utility of crit for freezing pulse. If you die or close to it frequently, then switch out for your defensive gear.