Patch 1.0 Preview
After doing some research, my quill rain will collect dust until I have enough jewelers, and I'm bored enough to try and 6s it, and then I'm bored enough again to try and 6l it. BY then EA will have been changed, it will be worth nothing, and I'll have wasted the currency.

I tried EA, and I just... don't care for the playstyle. I had a pretty fun Ele RoA thing going for a while, and it smashed through normal, but I got to cruel, and..... it was no longer enough DPS. It was complete glass cannon though.

I've been goofing around with a shadow lately, trying out Blood Rage, which is fun, but reave feels clunky. So... for now, that char will sit. I might do something at the reset, or I might just can the build, and move on. My Marauder is more fun than that anyway, even when I forget that the Dungeon Map Boss is "brutus", and running a double boss on that is a bad idea.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-17-2013, 09:12 PM)shoju Wrote: After doing some research, my quill rain will collect dust until I have enough jewelers, and I'm bored enough to try and 6s it, and then I'm bored enough again to try and 6l it.

I highly recommend investing in a Tabula Rasa. They go anywhere from 1-2 ex but is a great way to try out builds, thanks to six white linked sockets. I've worn it on a character that finished Merciless, so you can definitely get by with it.
So, I want a lurkers guild... Anyone else?

Who do we make the gm?
Anyone want to chip in on tabs?
Any word on the price of reserving the name so we can display a tag?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-19-2013, 12:42 AM)shoju Wrote: So, I want a lurkers guild... Anyone else?

Who do we make the gm?

I have a few credits left over from my Exalted pack so I could purchase tabs.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(10-19-2013, 12:42 AM)shoju Wrote: So, I want a lurkers guild... Anyone else?

Of course. Cool

(10-19-2013, 12:42 AM)shoju Wrote: Who do we make the gm?

- You or MonTy makes sense to me. If either of you want it.
- I have 50 left from buying stash that I don't dare use. Buy the dances. Buy a pet. Buy another pet. Buy an effect. Another pet... Very slippery slope that would be. 50 probably doesn't do much, but they will gladly get thrown in the pot.
- I haven't read much about the new stuff coming. I suppose I should take time between cookie clicks to learn more about what's coming. I am not looking forward to passive skill tree resets. Sad
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
So I just checked, and I have 1160 credits still left. Should be enough to buy some guild stuff.

-W.C. Fields
Well, If people want me to be the GM, That's fine. But I'm not going to say "I'LL DO IT!"

If MonTy wants to be it, I'm all for it.
If Lenny Wants to be it, I'm all for it.
If Loch wants it... again, I'm all for it.

I don't have credits right now, but I could snag some here in a week or tow.
So yea, Lurker Lounge guild. I'll mainly be playing Hardcore with some other groups, so Shoju might be the right person for the LL guild-master. It seems there's only 4-5 LL'ers playing PoE, so we shouldn't need too many stash tabs. But I'll be happy to buy some for the guild, of course, and I have lots of decent items to throw in the stash tabs. Any idea how to organize it? I have the following setup:

Currency, Moar Currency, Maps, Gems, QGems, LeveledGems, Potions, Jewellery, Weapons, Armor, and Uniques. Probably will need sub-tabs for Uniques and Rares such as U-W, U-A, U-J.

What are your thoughts?
(10-20-2013, 09:18 PM)MonTy Wrote: So yea, Lurker Lounge guild. I'll mainly be playing Hardcore with some other groups, so Shoju might be the right person for the LL guild-master. It seems there's only 4-5 LL'ers playing PoE, so we shouldn't need too many stash tabs. But I'll be happy to buy some for the guild, of course, and I have lots of decent items to throw in the stash tabs. Any idea how to organize it? I have the following setup:

Currency, Moar Currency, Maps, Gems, QGems, LeveledGems, Potions, Jewellery, Weapons, Armor, and Uniques. Probably will need sub-tabs for Uniques and Rares such as U-W, U-A, U-J.

What are your thoughts?

So I'll say shoju, too. I doubt there will be much to it and he is maybe the most likely to be around, at normal hours, for other Lurkers looking for invites. As for organization, you're doing a lot better than me, MonTy. Mine are organized as 1-2-3...10. "Now, where did I have that?" Tongue
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I'll be popping in and out, probably rarely, but my vote is for Shoju.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Well, I wont turn it down. Thanks guys, I'm humbled by your nominations.

I'm curious to see the size of the guild stash tabs, and if they will be visible on the site, as well as ingame, but I definitely think that some sort of organization will be in order. I normally buy my stash tabs when they are on sale, so I've got some that are labeled, and some that aren't.

So far, I've seen:

Myself
MonTy
Lenny
Loch
Play consistently

And Frag, Crushar (JR Model), Chess, and Swirly, that are on my friends list and Lurkers on from time to time. I will say that a guild has generally boosted the visibility of more lurkers.

I ran some time on the endless ledge this weekend. what a trip that was. Desync killed both of my "good" attempts, but the races really highlights some of the low level problems that I see with certain classes. Rangers have awful Mana early on. Duelists have a really muddled starting area. Melee Templars are rough early on.

Both of my "good" attempts were Witches. Both of them going Freeze Pulse / Some other skill. My best attempt was a Freeze Pulse / Spark Witch that rolled a +1 Lighting Gems Wand, a wicked Caster Shield, and a ES / Life / Tri - Res Rare Robe.

I made it to the late teens, when I finally got overrun by triple Massive Magic Necro, with more undead than I knew what to do with. I tried kiting, I tried freezing, and I just couldn't get enough shattered dead to make enough of a dent to kill off the summoners. It was tough. But, I was having fun.

I'll not be playing the "new" leagues on release. At least not right at release. I'm going to do some work on my witch / Marauder that are in standard, and see if I can save the ranger, or if it's just bantha poodoo for it.
(10-20-2013, 09:18 PM)MonTy Wrote: Any idea how to organize it? I have the following setup:

What are your thoughts?

For mine, I have two currency tabs, then flasks, maps, Str gems, Int gems, Dex Gems, jewellery, melee weapons, ranged weapons, body armor, helms, gloves, shoes, and then uniques.

-W.C. Fields
1.0 Patch notes are up!

edit: regarding guild tags - Powerful guilds can obtain tags that appear next to their members' names in chat. This requires sacrificing a set of end-game Maps, each of which corresponds to a letter or symbol in the tag. Tags are unique and some symbols are much rarer than others.

-W.C. Fields
Wow.... Costs Maps... That's going to be rough. We'll have to look into what it takes once it goes live.

I love all the notes except the aura changes. I felt like I needed 3 auras on my marauder to even have a chance to complete higher level content.
Will be sure to do a post and write-up after work later today. Of course it'll be a busy week, though Tongue