Theorycrafting a Totem Witch...
So after picking up a Moonsorrow and Saffell's Frame on a single farm run I was sitting around debating on how I would use them if I ever were to play a new character.

I came up with a pure Totem Witch:

Talent Tree

Now there are a lot of specifics that I'm not 100% about. Does your Spell Crit chance effect Totems? Also would a Life Leech linked Totem leech health to your ES?

I'm thinking end goal would be to primarily use a 6 linked Spell Totem with Arc and support it with Frost Wall, Lightning Warp, and Conductivity.

With a little luck it could play something like an old Bone Necro from D2.
(07-25-2013, 12:29 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Now there are a lot of specifics that I'm not 100% about. Does your Spell Crit chance effect Totems? Also would a Life Leech linked Totem leech health to your ES?

I'm thinking end goal would be to primarily use a 6 linked Spell Totem with Arc and support it with Frost Wall, Lightning Warp, and Conductivity.

With a little luck it could play something like an old Bone Necro from D2.

Your spell crit chance, damage, and cast speed are used by the spell linked to spell totem. Life Leech will heal the totem, not you.

I would base your build on a max of five links, sixth link would just be icing on the cake. I've never seen Arc linked with Spell totem, but in theory it could work. Most people use Spark, but I have seen Lightning Warp dual totems :) Frost Wall would be crazy linked with Spell Totem. The totems would cast the walls everywhere and it would be chaotic! I almost want to test this just to see it in action.

If you're using a spell totem Ancestral Bond build, instead of using Life Leech (won't work), I would go with getting your ES as high as possible. It's your only line of defense if you're going ES/Ancestral.
Frost Wall Totems.... Must try this. I've been thinking about doing some sort of dual totem MF heavy build, since that seems to be the way that people get lots of good stuff, and I'm failing miserably at getting anything that would be considered "good".
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
haha frost wall totems, now I want to try this!

I've tried arc totems, arctic breath, and spark, and spark seems to have the highest killing potential, though I did enjoy arctic breath + gmp for enemy slow down ability.

My build is a heavy summoner witch, so 10 zombies, 4 spectres (flame sentinel or tentacle bitches), and 15 skeletons. I always have 3 totems out - 1 casting skeletons, and the other 2 casting spark, supported by conductivity curse. Seems to work well enough.
I have been thinking about trying Arctic Breath LMP'd on a totem with my Ranger. Just not sure it will be enough of a slow down on stuff. Merc is starting to get very difficult.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright