Path of Exile
Yeah, I'm boned by it.

It's ok, I'm not going to pitch a fit about it too much. I'm over it now. I'll just keep plugging along, and I'm trying to get to level 49, where I have a super sick axe waiting on me. 257.025 DPS of Face Smashing, and by then I should have enough Dex to strap it on.

Now, I just need to get some Jewelers and see if I can get it to more than 1 socket.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Got in this morning, hit 35, dealt with Gravicious (what a puss when you deal a lot of Damage), and I'm getting ready to go smash through Lunaris.

On the trading note, I was talking in Global about how I got boned, and some guy was telling me the same guy did the same thing to him. We started talking, and I told him I was just looking for a higher dps weapon to carry me through for a bit.

He links me a Geofri's Baptism, and asks if I'd be interested. Well Heck Yes!

So 1 Regret later, I now have a weapon that should get me pretty close to the level 49 axe I've got sitting in the stash.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Updated the root post. Removed some links no longer being updated, such as Exile Pro. Too bad, because it was a high quality site for builds.

But I'd highly recommend using PoE Goods for anyone looking to buy items. I set it to "online only", so I only see items for sale from people that are currently online. This removes the hassle of waiting for them to come on, or to wait for them to reply via the forums. I've been doing really great with trading that way, and I'd suggest to anyone who is looking for a particular item.
Ugh. People who swear that you need a 5L to make things work in Merc drive me insane. I'm trying to help this new guy who showed up on the marauder boards, and people are just spouting the most not helpful, border line stupid stuff ever.

Must have 5L
Don't go to Duelist path for anything
and on and on and on.

I swear, sometimes, i think the PoE community is less helpful than the WoW community on the official boards.
Are you sure? I have a couple saved conversations that myself, Conc, the brothers, etc... had on the community forums in WoW that are that dumb or even more so. =/
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Oh, I have a couple of doozies from the DK Boards right after I main changed, and people spouting terrible-ness, Or, the Paladin HOly power Debates, but man... I guess I thought people who had the expensive support tags were good players....

Serves me right for thinking that people who blew a wad of cash were good at it.....
That's a pretty fundamental error, yeah. Money =/= Anything other than the expenditure of cash. Smile
Going to be a bit before I'm bak in game my case fan finally bit it tonight.
Blech, good luck brother!
Calling a place today that says they deal in Vaio Parts to see if they have the case fan I need, and how bad they gouge on the install.
FINALLY have my comp back. I'm hoping to get a chance to get back in game soon.
(09-23-2013, 11:08 PM)shoju Wrote: FINALLY have my comp back. I'm hoping to get a chance to get back in game soon.

Good to hear. I'm about half way to 90 with my cleaver. It's been quite the journey- mapping got really expensive with my cleaver. I essentially had to sell everything I owned, all of my good rares and uniques in order to roll maps. It gets really expensive trading for chisels and chaos, and high maps if you run dry. I know it's kind of foolish grinding higher levels at this point, since they are introducing more end-game content soon, but it's my goal to hit 90 so I'm going to do just that. If you want to map past level 90, you've got to have a dedicated map group so you all split costs or take turns. I met a few people and have been running with them, so that has helped my recent level or two.

Other then that, I started a MF sporker so I'd have something to run besides expensive maps. He's going to be situated in docks until I find or trade for a Shav's, so that'll be a while. I have about 350 rarity and 50 quantity on him, so I do get a ton of rares and uniques if I run docks for an hour.

I'll probably end up playing the new hardcore leagues with a group of people I met, so we're all eagerly waiting for the announcement on what the new leagues are going to entail. Bans on certain uniques will affect the gameplay significantly, so can't really plan too much until then. We're assuming Shav's will be banned, and maybe Facebreaker or Soul Taker.

Until the new leagues I'll continue my MF sporker, hit 90 with my cleaver, and brainstorming a zombie build with the new unique weapon, Mon'tregul's Grasp.
I have enjoyed Anarchy immensely. I'll be a little sad that it ends, especially when I missed a couple of weeks of time at it. I'm now hoping that I can just get some mapping in Anarchy on my marauder.
Patch 1.0.0E released today, with some monster nerfs and bugfixes. Will update the post to include Scion in the character classes, by this weekend.
So I've taken the plunge, played through Normal difficulty on a Witch (so opened up Scion) and am now restarting the Witch in hardcore.

The plan is for a Fire/Ice AoE build with a fair amount of survivability. Final build should look something like the following: High 60s/Low 70s
I plan to side with the one bandit king that gives +8% res all (instead of grabbing a passive) in Normal mode. Presently looking to go with this build through Normal, high 20s/low 30s.

Any suggestion on potential clean up? From what I've seen so far, even in normal minions are basically a speed bump and mobile wall that really gets torn apart pretty quickly with some bosses (usually the cold based ones).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
First, Join the party! PM me your Char Name, and I'll add you to the Guild!
Second: YAY! ANOTHER LURKER!
Third: I can't get the "final" build to load. I've tried copying it, and it just doesn't work Sad You might need to use bit.ly, or related to get it to load right.
Fourth: I like the build you currently have. It's pretty interesting. I've not done a Life Based Witch yet, so I couldn't tell you for sure. But, it's a decent enough start for your first char.

If you want some Witch Builds to look at for comparison, I can offer up mine. It's strictly Ice/Cold, and predicated on Crits. this is what I run. I prefer Chaos Inoculation to Life as a Witch. I'm currently running ~35% crit on my spells, but that will increase as I level up new gems, since I just switched to this at release.
Updated post with Scion class. Will keep it updated as major patches hit.

There has to be a few more Lurkers playing as well, would love to get an updated list of in-game LL names.
(11-02-2013, 02:54 PM)MonTy Wrote: would love to get an updated list of in-game LL names.

The POE in-game Lochnarmy™ consists of:
LOCHNAR_OF_NOOB (witch)
LOCHNAR_OFTHE_BOW (ranger)
LOCHNAR_BIGBLUNT (marauder)
LOCHNAR_CARRIESABIGONE (templar)
LOCHNAR_KITTY (shadow)
LOCHNAR_SWINGSBOTHWAYS (duelist)
LOCHNAR_OF_PURPLE_RAIN (scion)

[edit] I started the scion just to fill out the roster. Spectral Throw is really fun. I love bending the path, by moving around, to hit other targets. Cool
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I have:

ZapZapZoom (HC Witch 19)
ShootsSharply (SC Ranger 1)
ImNotAsThinkAsYouDrunk (SC Witch 73)
BlowOnThePie (SC Scion 35)
StabsStealthily (SC Shadow 55)
LennyLen (SC Witch 50)
Smaaassh (SC Marauder 1)
TakeThisYouFiend (SC Duelist 16)
MyNameIsGorgioSuave (SC Duelist 46)
EatMyPants (SC Templar 51)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Frag_I
Frag_II

I'm inventive.