Heart of the Swarm
Just curious if any lurkers are going to be getting the Starcraft 2 expansion and playing much? I've been playing some 2v2 Wings of Liberty with a friend and will be getting the expansion and continuing to do that. Thought that if some Lurkers are going to come back to the game then maybe I could expand out and play with some of you all as well. Not sure if we should just use Battletags or if we should consider making a Lurkers clan so as to have our own channel to chat in. Figured I could see what other people are out there with interest.
i plan on playing it, but will be in my alliance guilds clan (since i got put in charge of making it)
[Image: bldavis.png]
I will be getting and playing it...but tend to stick to solo games, or games with understanding friends. I'm not much of an RTS player. Wink
~Not all who wander are lost...~
(03-05-2013, 01:20 PM)Mirajj Wrote: I will be getting and playing it...but tend to stick to solo games, or games with understanding friends. I'm not much of an RTS player. Wink

same here, if i do play multiplayer its with a guildie vs ai
[Image: bldavis.png]
I'll certainly be playing. I mostly stick to 1v1. Used to be Diamond but changed to random so I'm about gold level now, maybe worse since I haven't played in ~6 months :P

But I'd be down to practice with some lurkers, regardless of rank/league. I'd love to go on skype/vent and team up against AI. Feel free to add MonTy#1150
I've got it downloaded, not sure how much MP I'll be playing, though.
--Mav
My son enjoyed it. I still haven't finished SC II campaign, so I won't get it any time soon. Hell, I haven't played D III or SC II for months.

So what am I doing posting on the Lounge?

Mostly saying hi.

Back to work. PS ... work sucks.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(03-17-2013, 10:42 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: I still haven't finished SC II campaign,

Me neither for some reason. Back in my StarCraft playing days it was joked whenever me and my regular partners would compstomp that I'd get rushed first every match, every time; it even happened against live opposition. As a result, I got very good at turtling and defending as Terran.

And the final mission in the WoL campaign is, without spoiling much, a defend-and-turtle mission as Terran. Easy for me, right?

The problem is that as I started playing SCII's campaign is that I spent all my research on making a decent anti-air defence, then picked the mission that weakened the final level's air assaults. I was lacking on ground superiority, preferring to spend my cash on flashy units rather than bread and butter units like Goliaths and Banshees, and I completely missed the fact that the Science Vessel actually works as a medic for mechanical units when I picked the flashy-but-useless Raven over it.

So I got slaughtered several times on All In and had too much pride to just drop the difficulty. Deleted my campaign, started again, and kinda lost interest in SCII when Diablo III rolled out, which led back to WoW, to GW2, and then Dark Souls which has consumed me. The fact that the very final mission in the game hinges entirely on how well you spend your research left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Well, been starting over again and at Belly of the Beast. Time to sufficiently analyse how I've spent my resources and make the decision on which way I should screw up the game.

Multiplayer still scares me though. It seems that SC's top-level mentality of perfect build orders and APM have trickled down to the grassroots game. Guess I just want to play the game with no stress rather than attempt to memorise every single counter and build order and still lose. On the other hand, Dark Souls multiplayer is starting to bring out some natural aggression in me, so I might be able to transfer those skills.

Incidentally, when I was applying my HotS key to my Bnet account I noticed that my game's region was set to "Global". Does this mean that MP is no longer restricted to your geographical region?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
My eldest son is championing to get it as his Easter bunny gift. Digital bunny?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(03-20-2013, 07:54 PM)NiteFox Wrote: Incidentally, when I was applying my HotS key to my Bnet account I noticed that my game's region was set to "Global". Does this mean that MP is no longer restricted to your geographical region?

Correct.

About 'All In'...

You can still win All In even if you went for air defense in the research. Siege tanks work really well, along with a couple planetary fortresses in the right places. Tongue

HotS campaign's a bit different, and the MP in HotS actually has some training and practice for it, rather than dumping you in the soup immediately.
--Mav
(03-24-2013, 07:10 PM)Mavfin Wrote: You can still win All In even if you went for air defense in the research. Siege tanks work really well, along with a couple planetary fortresses in the right places. Tongue

I went with Belly of the Beast instead of Shatter the Sky this time, still sitting on All In though because Dark Souls.

The worst thing with how my build went was when a Nydus Worm would pop out and crap out a dozen Cracklings and Roaches. I do tend to rely fairly heavily on Siege Tanks and Supply Depot walls for Terran defence, but for some reason the Nydus dumps were far too much for my usual methods.

I can handle Mutas. I can handle Brood Lords. Selecting Science Vessel over Raven on the Protoss research tree is looking to be one of the best decisions of my life since it can essentially keep a platoon of Goliaths alive like a few Medics/Medivacs can keep Marines kicking, plus Irradiate. I really couldn't find any logical reason why Raven should be chosen since it's slow, fragile, and needs to be practically kissing enemy ground forces to get any use out of its turret.

Science Vessels? A hundred times more useful than they were in SC1.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386