Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
I died once, because she DESTROYED my minions due to desync and ball lightning thing. Everything died. All of my zombies, all of my skeletons, my totem, my spectres. All GONE I got blown up really quick.

I went back, grabbed three tentacles miscreations, a full round of zombies, dropped my totem back further, and lit her up. She did drop a map.

The chest, is currently a Vaal Regalia. @20% quality that has an ES of 210. The stats on the Chest are:

+23 Mana (a low roll)
73% Increased ES (Sort of low, it could be rolled higher)
19% Fire
22% Cold
40% Lightning Resist.

So Currently, it sits at 363 ES. If I could get even a 60+ ES roll, it would be

210 + 60 = 270
270*1.78 = 480.6 Not amazing, but I figure if I can get the +ES roll, I can then save up, and get the Divine (I think?) Orbs to re-roll it to try and get more ES% and ES on it.

I'd love to drop jewelers and Fusings at it, but I already dropped 130 Orbs on it fishing for 6 Sockets, and came up empty. It wiped out most of my Orb income to get the 60 Jewelers I didn't have to go after it. So after 130, when it hit 5s, I just left it at that. I figure once I get some more orbs put together I'll chase the 5L to move my spectres into my chest, and move my Auras into my boots or gloves.

I have 1 Prefix Slot open. It could roll +life, +ES, or Thorns. It's also a 5s 4l. It's ilvl 69, dropping from the Blacksmith in the Dunes Map.

I'm fairly pleased with my gear right now.
  • I have a +2 minion helm, it's a little on the lower ilvl side (53?), but it's +2 Minion
  • I have ilvl 61 4L Gloves. They rolled +ES% and +ES, with some garbage Accuracy and a little Fire Resist. I'll keep them as is, and use them until I get a nice pair
  • I have the chest I mentioned
  • I have my Unique Boots and Neck, which I'm always pleased with
  • My Shield is pretty good, not amazing, but it's pretty good. It's the one I talked with you about Monty. Currently, it's leveling up the Quality Zombie gem I picked up, and my Portal Gem are in it. I have a green Socket on it, for those times I need to use Detonate Dead. I figure I'll be upgrading it soon, since I'm running content that can drop Archon Kite Shields. I'll be working on those as I get them to find a good one.
  • My belt is weak.
  • My Rings are...... Ok? I like one of them a whole lot more than the other, but neither of them will blow your hair back.
  • I like my wand. It has mana, + Regen, and +Cast Speed, which is really all I need out of a wand. Anything else is just bonus.
  • At some point, I should take some time, and upgrade my flasks. I just haven't taken the time to do that right now. I'm running 4 Animation flasks and a granite flask most of the time, and they are all 20% ers.

Really, at this point, I'm feeling pretty good about my character. I'm up to almost 4k ES, which has been pretty a journey. By the time I hit 73, I'll be able to re-arrange some skill points, and pick up a little more ES from passives (36% more), and have a tree I feel pretty good about.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
shoju Wrote:The chest, is currently a Vaal Regalia. @20% quality that has an ES of 210. The stats on the Chest are:

+23 Mana (a low roll)
73% Increased ES (Sort of low, it could be rolled higher)
19% Fire
22% Cold
40% Lightning Resist.

Nice find. Good chest to get you started in mapping content. Although ES is a tad low, the other attributes are decent. You must have been thrilled finding it.

shoju Wrote:I'd love to drop jewelers and Fusings at it, but I already dropped 130 Orbs on it fishing for 6 Sockets, and came up empty.

Oh God, I know the pain. Took me over a thousand Jeweller's to get my six socket. Wouldn't have done it if it wasn't the #1 DPS 2H Maul on the forums. But yea, I went broke doing it too.

shoju Wrote:I have 1 Prefix Slot open. It could roll +life, +ES, or Thorns.

It could roll +Life, +Thorns, +ES , or +ES% & Base Stun Recovery % (Djinn's Prefix).

shoju Wrote:I'm fairly pleased with my gear right now.

Yea, you've definitely crafted and found some decent stuff. It's a hell of a effort to get to this point though, eh? It's by far one of the hardest ARPGs I've played, in terms of upgrading your gear and progressing. Although you've improved your character by many times over, there's still room for you to triple your stats.

On my end, I've created a Lightning Strike Crit Templar, and he's progressing nicely. It was based off a thread posted on Reddit/PathofExile the other day, I really liked that his build didn't do the standard 1h/shield/resolute technique with LS that I've seen so much of. It's a very dangerous playstyle but can pay dividends due to the elemental crit of fire/ice/lightning. Here's the skill tree I tweaked. I'll be using Lightning Strike-Blood Magic-Life Leech-Weapon Elemental Damage-Faster attacks (and Multistrike if I can ever get a six link). Tons of Auras too of course, thanks to Eldritch Battery (Discipline, Wrath, Anger, Hatred, Purity, Determination).

I'll have get used to running enduring cry. I've come to accept that endurance charges are required for melee for 70+ maps, although it's a pain in the arse to keep casting it.

But it's a Crit build that has a ton of damage potential, and just enough AoE/range so it's not completely melee. I'm looking forward to it.
Just so it is out there, don't bother waiting on me for the unique map. I've not been playing hardly at all. With the stuff going on in WoW it has picked back up in activity and fun. So I've been back to concentrating on that instead of PoE. Best to go without me.
Woke up this morning, decided to patch before work. Ran patch. Game is fubar'd.

I can't get past the GGG screen to load the game. I tried their checkpak, and it wont run. I'm going to see what they say today. I might try and uninstall/reinstall tonight, but there are a few people complaining on the boards.

I'm really curious what about the patch broke my install. I know it wasn't broken yesterday, I played my new little witch for a bit before work, and everything was fine. I didn't get a chance to play last night, but then this morning after patching, the game is a brick.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
That sucks and I hope it get fixed quickly. Luckily for me, the patch worked fine.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
People have given me a couple of solutions to try, so I'm going to see what I can do to get it running tonight. I was really hoping to be able to hit 70 tonight, and try another map.
I am crossing my fingers, but I'm fairly confident that I have fixed the problem.
I am in fact fixed. I just ran a thicket, and tropical island map. hoping to hit 70 soon
Hurrah! Welcome back to Wraeclast.

-W.C. Fields
I'm really itching to do my Cowards trial map soon. I've got it up to 12% with chisels, but I know I can't do it alone.
I also know that I absolutely do not want to do it as a public group.

Swirly said not to wait for him.
I know Loch is right about my level (69).
I don't think that MonTy has anything in softcore at that level.
Lenny? What about you?
Chess? You? Anything in the area that you would want to bring?

I have no problem with making it a full on Lounge effort, as long as people are willing to tolerate my summoner, and all my minions.
Ok, so I'm thinking about this new little witch I have, and what I want to do. I've decided I want to go Power Siphon. I like the idea of a wandslinger. If I could, I would go Dual Wield Wand Slinger, but I just don't think that is going to be very feasible. So, I've planned out a tree, and I think that I'm sitting pretty good.

The Build

The idea: I want to run Power Siphon with and without LMP/GMP (Not sure which one I want to use, since I have both.)

As you'll see, I'm recycling some ideas from my summoner. CI, lots of ES, Resists for wearing the shield. But, I'm also picking up Hex Master, because I know I suck at re-cursing. My plan at this point, will be to run a few curses and choose between what I'm facing. I'm thinking Temporal Chains, Projectile Weakness, and Enfeeblement (gotta get an enfeeblement)

I'm wavering on going with Ghost Reaver. I'll probably head over and get it. But this is just a "mock up" tree really. I'm not even level 20 yet, so I'm still feeling it out.

My current thought with this setup, is that I'll want items that give +Elemental Damage (rings and such)?

I want to hit things with all three elements, so I took stuff to boost my phys wand damage, so that more of the phys will get converted into ele damage. With this setup, I'll also end up going with Alira on the Bandit Quests on P1, and P3, to end up with more mana, and a another Power Charge, bringing my total to 6 Power Charges, upping my damage by 36% total with all running.

I'm also assuming that I'll want to run Power Charge on Critical, Elemental Proliferation, Increased Critical Strikes in some configuration.

Could someone look over the tree and tell me if it looks feasible? I'm not 100% sure that I'm doing the wand setup right. Part of me is thinking that I should focus on 1 cluster less of wand nodes, but I'm unsure which cluster it should be. I'm assuming either the top cluster, or the right cluster, which would have me looking for wands with baked in ele damage over more physical based wands. I'm not 100% sure though.

I ran over to Exile Pro to get a handle on what the build would give me (quickly becoming a favorite tool to get a rundown on a build.

Keystone
Chaos Inoculation: Maximum Life becomes 1, Immune to Chaos Damage
Hex Master: Curses you Cast never expire
Stats
+20 to Strength
+250 to Intelligence
Mana
16% increased maximum Mana
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+20 to maximum Mana
Physical Damage
118% increased Physical Damage with Wands
10% of Wand Physical Damage Added as Fire Damage
10% of Wand Physical Damage Added as Lightning Damage
10% of Wand Physical Damage Added as Cold Damage
Elemental Damage
50% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
31% increased Elemental Damage
24% increased Elemental Damage with Wands
Resistance
+30% to all Elemental Resistances
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
Attack Speed
2% increased Attack Speed with Wands
Accuracy
32% increased Accuracy Rating with Wands
Power Charge
15% increased Power Charge Duration
6% increased Wand Damage per Power Charge
+2 Maximum Power Charge
Armour
104% increased Armour
Energy Shield
185% increased maximum Energy Shield
35% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery
20% more Maximum Energy Shield
Critical Strike
Knocks Back enemies if you get a Critical Strike with a Wand
Shield Block
3% additional Shield Block Chance
Misc
15% increased Defences from equipped Shield
Quote:Lenny? What about you?

I don't have any high enough level characters. I've been trying to build up a pool of mid level characters, so when I get them to 50s I've been starting on the new ones. I might take a break form doing this with my current summoner so that I can do some end game material.

-W.C. Fields
(05-22-2013, 07:29 PM)shoju Wrote: Ok, so I'm thinking about this new little witch I have, and what I want to do. I've decided I want to go Power Siphon.

Power Siphon is really strong, but most people still focus on armor/life. Without armor and with CI you'll constantly be stunned due to low life (not to mention low light effects), so you'll need uniques that mean you can't be stunned as easily. Also, physical damage of wands is not that high, so increasing it won't mean as much as let's say a 2H Maul. Your source of elemental damage will be from Wrath/Anger/Elemental Gear.

As much as I'd like to think it could work, it would be gear intensive and pretty frustrating to play a build as you've outlined. But I'm all for unique builds. I could see yourself getting to 50ish no problem, but getting further will require some pretty awesome gear and lots of patience.

The common Power Siphon supports is having one linked with GMP, Chain, WED, and Life Leech. The single target links should be Faster Attacks and Weapon Elemental Damage. The Static Blows keystone is so popular for a reason, and when combined with GMP/Chain it means you'll be hitting clusters of mobs 30+ times in a cast. That's a lot of static blows.

Exile Pro actually has a really good Templar Wanderer build, that I would recommend reading through. I followed it until level 55 and enjoyed the character.
I was under the (mistaken?) impression that you couldn't be stunned while you had at least 1 energy shield, and that 1hp from CI was considered "full" life, because your up was set to 1/1.
(05-23-2013, 02:45 AM)shoju Wrote: I was under the (mistaken?) impression that you couldn't be stunned while you had at least 1 energy shield, and that 1hp from CI was considered "full" life, because your up was set to 1/1.

That's certainly not the case. You'll want the unique Eye of Chayula, or risk getting stunlocked from fast attacking creatures, such as Monkeys. Nobody wants to die to Monkeys.
Ah, I misread it. As long as you have a positive sum of Energy Shield, you have a 50% chance to avoid being stunned.

After taking a look at their build, I've changed mine around a little.

I'm still going to try and stay CI. As there is no Low Life Effects associated with it (light radius) since you are either at full life, or you are dead. I double checked the wiki to make sure, as I hadn't noticed any side effects of low life effects with CI on my summoner.

Instead of Health Pots, I'm hoping to run Granite Flasks, and take advantage of them as I do on my summoner right now. I'm thinking with 2-3 of them, I should be in a good position to keep them up during melee situations. That will come down to my mana consumption though. I'll keep an eye out for the Unique, and see if I can get it rounded up.

So far, I'm 21, I have one Siphon setup for single target, and one with LMP, and Power Charge on Critical. I'm probably going to run Discharge for a bit, as there has been a few times that I end up in the middle of a large group, and need some PBAoE solutions. I died more than I will admit in A1, while I was still trying to figure out what I was going to do, but since I've hit A2, I'm moving along just fine, I haven't hit anything too terrible yet, and I just snagged the waypoint in Chamber of Sins.

I'm sure getting down to, and killing the boss in there will be a decent test of where I'm at so far.
I'm also running (and plan to for the immediate future) Arctic Armour to use as an escape survival tool. I'm not sure If I'll keep running it, since they... "Fixed" it, but I'm going to give it a whirl at least at first.
(05-23-2013, 02:25 PM)shoju Wrote: After taking a look at their build, I've changed mine around a little.

I like it a lot, seems fun.

I created a new softcore character tonight. Pretty excited to try him out. Going with Leap Slam/Infernal Blow and I'll pick up as much +attack speed as possible. Once and for all summoners will not be my most hated enemy.

I should be able to get him to mapping content by Monday, if you want to try those uniques soon.

*edit - if I play with a summoner such as your witch, I'll be sure to use Heavy Strike instead :P
Sweet! You run whatever you want to run. I'm not going to complain Smile I'm hoping to hit 70 soon, I was close this morning, and then the desync monster ate me in the catacombs end room, and I got wafflestomped.

I'm in the process of negotiating a deal with a ranger who found my shop (which I haven't updated in... forever), and is interested in purchasing most of my quality bow gems. I'm just not sure what to charge for quality gems.... I'd love some opinions. We're talking:

6% Projectile Weakness
5% Ice Shot
5% Explosive Arrow
12% Point blank

I'm.... Completely baffled on what to ask. Honestly, I'm pretty baffled on what to ask for most of my items I try and sell really.
(05-24-2013, 03:21 PM)shoju Wrote: I'm.... Completely baffled on what to ask. Honestly, I'm pretty baffled on what to ask for most of my items I try and sell really.

That's a part of the reason I wouldn't even bother trying to sell stuff. I'd think I'm getting a good price when I'm really just like the garage sale that sells something that shows up on Antiques Roadshow worth shocking amounts.

As to the gems, any extra gems (I try to save 2 of each) and gems that I'll never use, which have quality, I save to combine for a gemcutter. I've only ever found one and still have never had enough spare quality gems to combine. Maybe more will show when I'm forced to maps for xp.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I haven't used any of my Q gems for GCP's yet. Mainly, because I'm not sure what is good, and I should save, and what isn't.

Obviously, I'm using my Q Power Siphon, and my Q Conductivity, but I also have
Dual Strike (6) (6)
Proj Weakness (6)(5)
Bear Trap (11)
Ice Shot (5)
Haste (5)
Fire Trap (6)
Added Cold (5)
Detonate Dead (8)
Explosive Arrow (5)
Point Blank (12)
Double Strike (9)
Hatred (9)
Cyclone (8)
Mana Leech (6)
Melee Phys (17)(5)
Heavy Strike (9)
Decoy Totem (11)
Inc Crit Damage (6)
Freezing Pulse (8)
Spark (6)
Frost Wall (6) (6)
Fireball (9)
Punishment (6)

Man... looking at my stash, I haven't sold ANY Gems to the vendors.... So.... If you need something, ask. I can't imagine that there are too many things at this point I don't have as far as skills, not sure about supports.