Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
(04-16-2013, 02:56 PM)shoju Wrote: I also have this KILLER Onyx Neck, that I'm debating on Regaling into a rare. It's +18 Attributes, 4% Life Leech on Physical, and 19% Lightning Resist. I'll probably check the ilvl, and wait a bit before I decide to Regal it. I want to make sure that I don't happen across something better, and curse my impatience.

You can have that Carnage Heart I listed earlier if you want it.
I'd be interested in it for sure. Anything you are after? I have some stuff, gems, and stuff. I have some extra minion supports for sure.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(04-17-2013, 01:13 AM)shoju Wrote: I'd be interested in it for sure. Anything you are after? I have some stuff, gems, and stuff. I have some extra minion supports for sure.

The only thing really on my radar right now is a reduced mana gem. I've not had one drop and I think you have to play a templar/marauder to cruel to get one from a quest which seems a bit far for me to bother. So I've just been hoping to get lucky on drops.

That said, I was offering it for free. So as far as I am concerned you can have it with nothing given back.

I'm not sure how to give things in this game having played it completely solo so far. I did add onisu to my friend's list a bit ago. My char is named tenavi. I'm assuming it is the kind of thing where we have to meet in a party with us both online at the same time? I really have no clue how to give you it heh.
Well thank you.

Yeah, we'll have to meet online, party up, an meet in the same town.

I don't have a reduced mana gem, but if I end up with a pair, I'll gladly pass one your way.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
55 and reached Piety on cruel. She killed me and I didn't have a portal up. Kind of sucked. One of these days maybe I'll learn to open one of those before a big fight heh.

Edit: The big debate right now with me is what curses to use. I was running with Vulnerabilty for minions on that attempt. Sometimes run with Flammability for my Fire Trap and Minion Instability. Thinking maybe I should go back to that. Long term the question becomes... if I run Fire Penetration on Fire trap and have Flammability as one curse... do I run Vulnerability or Elemental Weakness as my second one? Right now thinking Vulnerability cause feel like maybe the two sources of fire damage reduction is enough. The penetration only applies to my Fire Trap though so I dunno. Not sure where I'm going to end up on that one

Edit 2: Went back and tried again. This time with Flammability. Went much easier. Not sure if it was cause of that or I was just more aggressive in general, but it was much easier than the first try.
I died once to Piety on Cruel as well. She utterly facerolled my entire Minion Horde 3 seconds into the fight, and I had a Health Pot ticking away, and when i saw them start dieing, I started spamming my second pot.

I went back and picked up the Unrighteous Fire Melee Guys, and dropped her with ease.

For the record. I don't curse. Ever. I have Conductivity (and 13% Quality to boot) in my gear, and I could swap to it, but I've just never found a time when the fight was even remotely long enough.

I thought MAYBE On Merc. Brutus, but that fight was a JOKE. 5-10 seconds. TOPS. I might use it on Vaal, since I'm going to have to completely rethink my Flasks for that fight, as it's still by far my least favorite fight in the game.
My current line of thinking is that I hate totems. Which is funny since I was planning on going a two totem build heh. So now I'm thinking a no totem build. Minions + curses + fire trap just like before, but self casting them all. Tis my plan for now. We'll see how long this one lasts.
Merc Merveil Down @lvl 57. I thought the bosses were going to get harder as the difficulty went up?

Norm Merveil was a terrible fight. Summoners are weak to start.
Cruel Merveil was easier. Still a tough fight, lost a lot of minions and was playing "Hide and Go Summon" around the rock.
Merc Merveil I met her on her platform, dropped my totem, and just blew her down Total Casualties for Team Shoju? Eh... A few Skellies, 1 zombie.

Now, I'm headed to my least favorite part of the game. Act II. I see much time spent farming the Cave in my future {-,-}

I know that this is formatted terribly, but just spent the time to get it all linked, and I'll go back and clean it up and make it look more presentable. If you are looking for something, Gem, or gear, or whatever, take a look. I'm sort of a packrat

I've been getting rid of the pieces that are obvious cannon fodder, and there might be some pieces in there that I'm not sure I want to get rid of (I seriously just clicked every gem I had in the stash, and the rares that I've said "That's not vendor junk")

So, while I'm editing it up, if you want to look, and let me know if anyone wants/needs anything. I have some pretty sweet shields mixed in there as well.
(04-18-2013, 02:17 PM)shoju Wrote: Merc Merveil Down @lvl 57. I thought the bosses were going to get harder as the difficulty went up?

Mine killed her last night with no problem as well. Went back today and killed her again with one slight snafu. I seem to have a habit of walking into her and getting frozen. She killed me before I got a chance to do anything heh. Went back and made sure to get some summons in front and she dropped like a rock just like she did before.

They just added a new minion support gem for resists. I don't know how I am going to find space for all this stuff! Despite that, I kind of like that they give enough good options that you actually have to make a choice instead of take everything.
Found yet another Unique

Icetomb
Latticed Ringmail
Armour: 371
Energy Shield: 111
+15 strength
+15 int
141% increased armour and energy shield
+67% cold resistance
cannon be chilled
150% increased chill duration on enemies

dropped with three red sockets. Tried some jewelers on it, but ran out with it only having one. It is ilvl 57 so should be able to get 6 sockets. I'd be happy with 5 though. The other issue is color. Being an str/int type item it will gravitate toward a mix of red and blue. What I really need is all blue. Not likely to get that. So makes me wonder if I can use it or not. The large Armour and ES is nice though. Cold resistance is my weakest one too so that handles that. It is interesting, but I'm unsure how many more jewelers I will waste on it before I give up and hope for something else.

On another note, I wonder how many uniques others have found. I'm in act 2 merciless and have found 4. I've been stacking rarity found forever though so I feel like that might be why and most don't find that many? On the other hand maybe most find the same amount and the rarity find hasn't really helped at all. I'm curious!
(04-19-2013, 07:06 AM)swirly Wrote: Icetomb

Reforged it to have 4 sockets. 3 blue and 1 red. Only a link between 2 blues though. Has me thinking about what I need bare min to be happy though.

b: raise zombie
b: minion life
b: minion damage
b: item rarity

b: raise skeletons
b: minion damage

g: fire trap
r: fire penetration

b: flammability

b: vulnerability

r: anger

b: discipline

b: raise spectre

That seems to be what is really required for me right this moment. I have a 4 link 4 blue white boot (evasion/ES though instead of armour/ES, but so are my current boots anyway) that I could turn rare. I could put the zombie stuff in there which is what is currently in my chest piece. Then it wouldn't even matter what the sockets were on the chest. My current chest doesn't really do much for me other than be a 4 link with 5 sockets. So this seems like something to look into.
I have found 5, but they were in a flurry of a weekend, on a character that isn't even "alive" anymore.

The Low level bow
Springleaf Low Level Shield
Araku Tiki
Ondar's clasp
Wanderlust

I've never seen anything higher than that personally.
I scored a 4L +2 Minion Helm for 1 Regal in the trade forums.

reqs lvl53.
75 ES Pre-Scraps
+2 minion
+14 INT
+14 ES
+14 Chaos Res
12% IIQ
3 thorns

It's not "amazing", but it's +2 minion, and it was a statistical upgrade over my previous 3L helm.

And I got my Unique Boots (a gift, that I LOVE) to go 4s. Now, I just need to get the Sockets to 4L.
One I get it to 4L, then I will have 4l on head, chest, gloves, and boots.

I'm fairly pleased with my Summoner right now. Nearing 1K mana, I have 1500 HP, and 1K ES with the Aura Up. I'm fairly consistently running Discipline, Clarity, and Wrath. Though, I've thought about swapping the ES Aura for Vitality, since my ES without it is still 800+, and I think Vitality > ES for my Zombies survival.

I've been thinking about a new build that I would like to try. I'm not sure if I want to go with a witch or a templar. I like the easy resists and ele damage bonuses in the templar area, but I like the ES in the Witch Area.

I'm thinking Righteous Fire, linking it with Power Charge on Crit, Life Gain on Hit, Life Leech, and Fire Pen for sure.

Leap Slam (purely for mobility)
Run Flammability
Enduring Cry
And then
Vitality (to keep the regen up)
Discipline
Anger

The Idea would be to leap slam to targets, and Blow them up with RF. I'm not sure if It's a viable build, or if it is what everyone else is doing with RF, but I have long stared at RF, and wanted a way to make it interesting.
Yet another unique drop for me. This time a good summoner item.

Matua Tupuna
Tarnished Spirit Shield
Chance to block: 27%
Energy Shield: 55
5% increased spell power
+2 to level of minion gems in this item
+19 to maximum mana
78% increased energy shield
10% increased effect of auras on you
10% increased effect of auras on your minions
spreads tar when you take a critical strike

Seems pretty tasty to me. I have it with 3 blue sockets with no links. So the sockets are ideal. Just have to get them to link.

The downside is that I'm getting 24 elemental resist from my shield so have to make that up somewhere. Clearly worth it though. I'm pretty happy about it. : )
My legendary onslaught continues! This time with another Aurseize. Which I mostly bring up to say that Shoju... you can have this second pair if you want them.

Aurseize
Steelscale Gauntlets
Armour: 84
Evasion Rating: 84
47% increased armour and evasion
+15% to all elemental resistances
47% increased rarity of items found
5% reduced movement speed.

Has 3 sockets. 1B 1R 1G, all three linked.
Geez man. You are the king at this Sad

I picked up a legendary neck off of Brutus in A1 normal on my ranger.

Stones of Lazwhar.
22 int
50% block chance applied to spells
46 mana
10% cast speed.

ON the other hand, I have to say, A2 SUCKS IN MERCILESS. I have died three times, and I couldn't even tell you what killed me. I have all my minions, I have all my stuff, and I just end up falling over dead. I have to think that I'm missing some chaos dealing mob in the crow with something like poison arrows or something. It's incredibly frustrating to say the least.
(04-20-2013, 01:46 PM)shoju Wrote: ON the other hand, I have to say, A2 SUCKS IN MERCILESS. I have died three times, and I couldn't even tell you what killed me. I have all my minions, I have all my stuff, and I just end up falling over dead. I have to think that I'm missing some chaos dealing mob in the crow with something like poison arrows or something. It's incredibly frustrating to say the least.

So far I haven't had any issue. I just did the spider. Need to kill the bandit in that area and go through the vines. I'm thinking you are probably right that it is chaos damage doing it. That would explain why I haven't noticed it with CI. Sometimes I debate if CI has been worth it cause I don't feel the spots it is saving me and there are random deaths due to having it, but this makes me think it is saving me a lot too.
The one that gives me problems is Oak. The third bandit (in the order I kill them anyway) He destroys my minions and then destroys me. Have had a problem with him in every difficulty. I pretty much make a point of leveling before I get to him just cause I know I'm going to die several times before I get it right.
(04-20-2013, 10:05 PM)swirly Wrote: The one that gives me problems is Oak.

I died to him a crap ton of times on Merciless. Finally beat him, but I had to switch back to a Skeletons on totem build and do a ton of running and re-summoning the totem proactively (if it got touched I re-summoned). It was a mess. So glad to be past him. Not expecting anything else to be nearly as difficult as he was.
I had "guys night" with Kaine, Vecindak, Palpy, and another former lurker (who's lurker name befuddles me), so I didn't get to play much last night.