Hyuge Kill Shot Thread o' Doom
I've been remiss in posting kill shots with the nerf to raiding that 3.0 brought. Last night Avarice Alliance dropped Illidan - here are some of the shots leading up:

(warning they are hyuge)

Reliquary of Souls

Gurtogg Bloodboil

Somehow I never got a shot so I'm linking to Tuftear's shot of Mother Shahraz

The Illidari Council stood no chance despite the MT dying at 50%.

Finally we have the obligatory before shot:

Illidan and Shalandrax - BFF

And the Kill shot.

Now I need to bribe Bolty into making that shot into one of his BOOM wallpapers.:)

I realize we're probably not going to finish off Sunwell and frankly, I don't care. My main goal in TBC has been achieved (even in a nerfed state). Bring on WotLK.:)

Thank you to my friends in Avarice and especially in the Lurkers for helping me achieve that goal.:)
Grats guys!
Quote:I realize we're probably not going to finish off Sunwell and frankly, I don't care.
I'm still not sure why not. If you can get Illidan and you're all geared up (which you are) I don't see why you can't smash through Sunwell and get rolling toward the end of the end of TBC. :)

Also, if you go back to Illidan again, tell him that you won't accept him not dropping the shield. :D
-TheDragoon
Quote:I'm still not sure why not. If you can get Illidan and you're all geared up (which you are) I don't see why you can't smash through Sunwell and get rolling toward the end of the end of TBC. :)

Also, if you go back to Illidan again, tell him that you won't accept him not dropping the shield. :D

They didn't get the shield because I already took it =) Its just not there anymore, sorry.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:They didn't get the shield because I already took it =) Its just not there anymore, sorry.

[Image: funny-pictures-why-i-oughta-cat.jpg]
You forgot to mention that you got first kills of all of these, plus Archimonde, in one week.
I mean, hot damn. Nerf or not, that's some good stuff.

Quote:Now I need to bribe Bolty into making that shot into one of his BOOM wallpapers.:)
"BOOM"?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:You forgot to mention that you got first kills of all of these, plus Archimonde, in one week.
I mean, hot damn. Nerf or not, that's some good stuff.
"BOOM"?

-Bolty

Or was it Thump? Like you did with the Prince back in the early Kara days. And Nefarion.
Quote: My main goal in TBC has been achieved (even in a nerfed state). Bring on WotLK.:)

Thank you to my friends in Avarice and especially in the Lurkers for helping me achieve that goal.:)

Im so stoked for all us that participated in the fights listed above, and even if they were nerfed -- Like Bolty said:

Monday - Archimonde Down 1st Kill
Thursday - RoS, Gurtogg, Shaz down all 1st Kills
Saturday - Council Down 1st Kill
Monday - Illidan Down 1st Kill.

Thats a hell of an accomplishment, Im just grateful I was there for all of the raids. Im really glad you got to see Illidan dead, at least Tal - even if he didnt drop the shield.

Im really happy I could just be there for the ride man, it was an honor to have you next to me while it was going on. Bring on LK! Arthas...check your panties at the door, we mean business.

-Z
Proud Co-Founder of the Widely Accepted and Raiderâ„¢ Approved "FIPIA Strategy"

Zyn's You Tube Channel
Quote:My main goal in TBC has been achieved (even in a nerfed state). Bring on WotLK.:)

This is exactly how I felt (feel) after we killed Illidan. He was our major goal for the expansion, given a relative late start on 25 man raiding for us compared to some. After the patch, I wanted to go back in just to see how badly we'd stomp the fights we beat pre-patch.

Turned out....it was big time stomping. The first night the server was stable enough to raid we cleared 5/5 hyjal and 9/9 BT in our normal 4 hour time window....a time slot we usually would have done well to clear 7/9 BT within.

Hence, we find ourselves using our extra raid nights in Sunwell (and BWL/AQ40 last week). I stole a tier 6 bracer from Kalecgos on Monday, and yes, it felt like steeling. We sucked at that fight and still won.

Have fun, and hope you guys do some more stomping before wrath hits =)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...