The experience gem
Just wondering, how many of you use an +exp gem in your helm? Before level 60, usually the content is easy enough for you to constantly stick a red gem in. After that, the early paragon levels are nice and one can always use one on low MPs. But later on, it takes a ton of exp and paragon doesn't really add that much.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I run MP5 or so and use an a vit gem. The xp bonus is large enough at MP5 that health is more important.
(11-12-2012, 07:36 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Just wondering, how many of you use an +exp gem in your helm? Before level 60, usually the content is easy enough for you to constantly stick a red gem in. After that, the early paragon levels are nice and one can always use one on low MPs. But later on, it takes a ton of exp and paragon doesn't really add that much.

I've never bothered to use it for Paragon leveling. Even at P50 on my Witch Doctor it still feels like levels come fluidly enough through normal play that it isn't worth the loss of health that an Amethyst offers. I've never really been one for 'Farming' exp though.

I have been playing a Demon Hunter lately, however, and I've obviously thrown one into his helm for leveling purposes. I had been meaning to play one for a long time now. Have had an epic leveling x-bow sitting around just dying for some use and finally decided to break it out. I have to say, I'm really not sure why there isn't more talk about Rocket builds throughout the DH community. If you've gotten the MP10 bug like many of us have I seriously recommend trying it on a DH. It's an absolute blast. It also seems like the build would be pretty much tailor-made for Uber farming. I'm not sure if the DH has any greater dps passive than the ability to have an entire extra sentry out. INSANE!
I've been playing around with a witch doctor. I decided to only spend money I farmed on that character, so spent a while farming at MP0 then MP1. For that I didn't need the extra defense and used the gem for experience.

Now I've got about 6.5M invested and am ready to try infernal machine farming at MP3-4 so I just swapped to the life gem.