Chiltara
So, I decided earlier today that I wanted to give this secret level a go.

I found all the other items i needed pretty easily...but I STILL haven't seen this rare spawn. Now, for those who know me and my luck with the RNG, this isn't any surprise...but I was wondering how it's going for other folks? Blow through this farming without a problem? Finding all those special mobs and drops no problems? Any tips?
~Not all who wander are lost...~
(08-13-2012, 12:27 AM)Mirajj Wrote: So, I decided earlier today that I wanted to give this secret level a go.

I found all the other items i needed pretty easily...but I STILL haven't seen this rare spawn. Now, for those who know me and my luck with the RNG, this isn't any surprise...but I was wondering how it's going for other folks? Blow through this farming without a problem? Finding all those special mobs and drops no problems? Any tips?

I have obtained all of the items to make the Staff on my softcore characters through normal play. All except the recipe itself. In all my game time I have only seen the recipe itself on my hardcore characters, and even then only once. Dodgy
My tips -- do it in normal, and spec everything for fast movement. I used my DH with Vault, Hot Pursuit and Tactical Advantage.

Other than that... it's just the RNG. When looking for the Liquid Rainbow, I got Zaven 3 out of the first 5 times. Then I did almost 30 before he showed up again *shrug*
The only part I had to farm was Chiltara. Everything else just fell for me during normal playing. I realized that was the only piece I was missing while I was bringing my wizard up through normal (maybe nightmare?) so when I got to the checkpoint right before that area, I decided she was going to farm for it. I did NOTHING but runs for Chiltara. The wizard got over three levels before Chiltara finally showed her cowardly face.
Intolerant monkey.
Yeah, I think it took me approximately 50 or 60 runs from the waypoint nearest the area with the catapults. About half the time I got the right cave, but it took all those runs to get Chiltara.
--Mav
I found the recipe off Izual like 3 times, and farmed everything except Chiltara relatively easily. Chiltara was tough - took me probably close to 100+ runs to get her to spawn, though half of those was difficult enough to get the right cave to spawn.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
I did finally find her. I levelled my Sorc (keep in mind I was playing a mix of Nightmare and Normal as the mood took me) from lvl 55 to lvl 56 doing JUST those runs.

I'm so used to the RNG loving on me from WoW that I didn't even bother to count. Probably a good thing. Wink
This thread put me back on the track of the MyLittlePony staff. I needed the Liquid Rainbow and the Gibbering Gemstone. The Rainbow took about 10-15 before I got both the guy and the correct chest. The Gemstone took at least 15-20 restarts to get a Cave of Frost with a Chiltara inside. But, I now have the staff and have it made up to the hell version. Is there an Inferno level one as well? I guess there is but I'm not really planning on making it unless a real big swing of the Inferno nerf bat comes along.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(08-14-2012, 04:39 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: But, I now have the staff and have it made up to the hell version. Is there an Inferno level one as well?

Yep, but as with the others, you have the beat the difficulty level before you can buy the plans to upgrade.
And not only that, but the Whimseyshire Inferno is as hard as the monsters in Act 4 of Inferno. I think I farmed Whimsey twice before thinking the same thing as that one merchant at Bastion's Keep...."too much pain, not enough profit".
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(08-14-2012, 05:56 AM)Mirajj Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 04:39 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: But, I now have the staff and have it made up to the hell version. Is there an Inferno level one as well?

Yep, but as with the others, you have the beat the difficulty level before you can buy the plans to upgrade.

I thought they became available once you acquired the quest to kill Diablo on that difficulty, but, yeah, thus the need for the nerf bat to consider it. My e-peen is just fine without such a degree of self-flagellation. Cool
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I love Whimsyshire!

*** spoilers ***

I love that the map looks like it was drawn by a kid on their notebook paper. I love the rewinding music. I love clouds and their bouncy giggly noises. Who wouldn't love pink and purple unicorns and cuddly bears. I love the bright colors and cheer that is a 180 from D3's dark and brooding. And to top it off, it has crammed in a lot of the requisite death and destruction that will get your toon killed if you take it too lightly.

They did a really good job with it. It is so much more than the secret cow level which was basically just adding upright cows mooing.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."