Profiles now on browser
You can view your D3 profile with a browser now, which will be nice so that idiots on the battle.net forums can't make up crap while they boast. Wink

It looks great, polished and contains more info than the old in-game profiles.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6821782

Time to put mine in the sig, and clean up my sig as a result.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Well done.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(08-06-2012, 11:04 PM)RedRadical Wrote: looks like they spent more time developing these than the actual game itself, lol.

It's like I'm this adult, saying to his kid "stay on your side or else!" and you're the kid sticking his pinky toe over the line just to see what I'll do. It's pretty sad.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(08-06-2012, 11:35 PM)Bolty Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 11:04 PM)RedRadical Wrote: looks like they spent more time developing these than the actual game itself, lol.

It's like I'm this adult, saying to his kid "stay on your side or else!" and you're the kid sticking his pinky toe over the line just to see what I'll do. It's pretty sad.

You could always lop his head off, slap it on a stick as a warning to everyone else
(08-06-2012, 11:41 PM)Tal Wrote:

You could always lop his head off, slap it on a stick as a warning to everyone else

Im sure you'd love to do that, huh?

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(08-06-2012, 11:04 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Well done.

Happy?

From my perspective, I feel like a Occupy Protester exercising his right to protest only to get a can of pepper spray pointed at his face. Yup, sad indeed.

There's a few ways to look at it.

The first is in line with my criticism that their priorities are messed up. There are many other features that need to be fixed.

The second is that whoever did this is independent of the main programers/designers and doesn't delay 1.04. In that case, it's a nice sign of goodwill, really. I can imagine that really. It's also possible that this is a sign that they're trying to provide-- online profiles were a highly demanded feature, and that means they've collected clues. That is a good thing.

Finally, it could just be a distraction to buy more time for other things. That seems likely, but I still wouldn't complain.

In any case, it's a new shiny toy, and I will mess around with it. Please post your own exploits with said toy.
I'd like to see achievements shown. Other than that, it is really well done, and I like how it shows each individual chars progression unlike in game it just shows progression from your most advanced char.

(08-07-2012, 12:10 AM)RedRadical Wrote: From my perspective, I feel like a Occupy Protester exercising his right to protest only to get a can of pepper spray pointed at his face. Yup, sad indeed.

Fight the power, brah. Capitalism, Blizzard, Bolty... if they oppose your righteous crusade against oppression, they're the man, and that makes you, like, Che Guevara! Which is, like, awesome.

-Jester
(08-07-2012, 12:31 AM)RedRadical Wrote: I'd like to see achievements shown. Other than that, it is really well done, and I like how it shows each individual chars progression unlike in game it just shows progression from your most advanced char.

Achievements will probably be added soon, to match Starcraft 2.

Interestingly, hours played is missing. Wink But that's a good thing for some and actually people were complaining about privacy issues regarding that! That means they listened (how unusual) The followers are a good part to have, and the next part is probably more stats for those guys. It'd be best to quickly display mf/gf as a main stat at this point though.

Edit:Need stats for dead hc
(08-07-2012, 12:21 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: The second is that whoever did this is independent of the main programers/designers and doesn't delay 1.04. In that case, it's a nice sign of goodwill, really. I can imagine that really. It's also possible that this is a sign that they're trying to provide-- online profiles were a highly demanded feature, and that means they've collected clues. That is a good thing.

My bet is it's the Web Team and not any of the D3 programming team. Web team does a large number of things without having to worry too much about the game teams, thus just have to write the queries to hit the DBs and then post said information.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
LOL at hours played missing. I don't see the big deal about that...guess some people would feel embarrassed at having 4 digit hours logged in, hehe. But I'd like to see my hours logged in on D1......or maybe not. It would be something truly astronomical.

@ Jester, you are how old again?

(08-07-2012, 12:53 AM)Lissa Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 12:21 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: The second is that whoever did this is independent of the main programers/designers and doesn't delay 1.04. In that case, it's a nice sign of goodwill, really. I can imagine that really. It's also possible that this is a sign that they're trying to provide-- online profiles were a highly demanded feature, and that means they've collected clues. That is a good thing.

My bet is it's the Web Team and not any of the D3 programming team. Web team does a large number of things without having to worry too much about the game teams, thus just have to write the queries to hit the DBs and then post said information.

Yea, I'd imagine something as the such.

(08-07-2012, 01:01 AM)RedRadical Wrote: LOL at hours played missing. I don't see the big deal about that...guess some people would feel embarrassed at having 4 digit hours logged in, hehe. But I'd like to see my hours logged in on D1......or maybe not. It would be something truly astronomical.

There were some threads on the battle.net forums (most likely a troll) that was like "Omg, I added business associates on facebook or whatnot and if they find out if I spend too much time..." I guess there's still a stigma on massive gaming perhaps.

In any case, privacy features are always welcome.
(08-06-2012, 11:49 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Im sure you'd love to do that, huh?

Hyperbole - stop being so srs.
(08-07-2012, 12:34 AM)Jester Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 12:10 AM)RedRadical Wrote: From my perspective, I feel like a Occupy Protester exercising his right to protest only to get a can of pepper spray pointed at his face. Yup, sad indeed.

Fight the power, brah. Capitalism, Blizzard, Bolty... if they oppose your righteous crusade against oppression, they're the man, and that makes you, like, Che Guevara! Which is, like, awesome.

-Jester
I think that what you meant to say was

Quote:" ... and that makes you, like, Che Guevara! Which is, like, mouldering putrescence somewhere in a Peruvian latrine."
However, being Canadian, you are far too polite.

Glad to be of service, amigo. Tongue
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Che > Mitt Romney

Che sports a cool cap, therefore he is better.

Anyhow, profiles anyone? >.>
How often are these updated? Mine shows my WD as only completing hell but I finished Act 1 Inferno with him yesterday. I have to say, it is the first and only class where I felt OP upon entering Inferno.

Seems to lag behind by a day or two.