RMAH commodities
Ok, this takes the cake. Perhaps they've made tons of stupid decisions but this one is so awful I laughed.

Really? 0.25 minimum per unit? I can imagine people buying items, but with the commodity fee being 15% blizz 15% paypal, this is pretty silly. Why would anyone buy a commodity for real money? Why not just ask for a minimum total price of 1.25 like with every other transaction. If people don't buy enough of it, you don't get the money til it's worth 1.25 of sales. Or enable bulk sales. You can sell them singly and keep the same min price, or you can sell them in a pack with a minimum price of 1.25, but they have to buy all of it.

Oh well, let's just hope someone is silly enough and takes the bait. :p

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff247...ahderp.png
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Yeah, that's pretty silly alright. Good luck with your attempted sale of the Firey Brimstone. Seeing that makes me wish Blizzard would add a RMAH to hardcore.
Yea, a RMAH in hardcore would be awesome, as the hc economy is so much cleaner. (It fixes itself) Also, people would just find other ways to buy items anyways.
No, the RMAH in HC would not be awesome. It would have been back when the game actually had some danger, but it's so simple and easy now that it would invite the bots even faster than they're already coming. The RMAH on SC is the only reason HC is safe for the moment.

I used to think the RMAH would be amazing just for the tears, but that was when you actually had to risk something for a reward.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(07-11-2012, 09:05 PM)Frag Wrote: No, the RMAH in HC would not be awesome. It would have been back when the game actually had some danger, but it's so simple and easy now that it would invite the bots even faster than they're already coming. The RMAH on SC is the only reason HC is safe for the moment.

I used to think the RMAH would be amazing just for the tears, but that was when you actually had to risk something for a reward.

Oy, we must be playing different games then. :p Is Inferno really that easy? >.>

But the thing is, people would just use third party websites for it. Sure, maybe it would accelerate the process more but I think business would go down the drain on the next lag spike. Wink
Yes, Inferno is easy now. You can gear up to lvl 60-62 in every slot before stepping foot in A1, and then clear A1 repeatedly for lvl 63 gears before actually moving onto the challenging parts of Inferno. Two of us have found upgrades for every slot we had except the craftable 59-60 slots in a matter of 10-12 hours of farming, and we're not talking about just slapping on something because it's req lvl 60, but actually huge upgrades with things like a 151 str, 206 vit, 18% mf, two socket chestpiece, or a 506 dps 1h with 201 str, 290 vit, 100 dex/int and 265 life on hit. Those types of items should not be dropping in A3 Hell, imo, because they trivialize the content to come.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Well, act 1 was always the extension of hell mode which was fine to some degree. The nerf hit it somewhat hard. Still, I don't see myself clearing Inferno any time soon.
SC people are complaining that Act 1 is too efficient for farming even. So this is only going to be 10x as true for a mode where dying really sets you back. People might not even set foot in HC A2-4 outside of achievements as the marginal profit gains aren't worth the danger nor the defensive pace needed to survive said danger.
Farming is supposed to be efficient - and efficient as possible - there is no such thing as "too efficient" when it comes to farming. If it isn't efficient, than it isnt worth it to farm. I can't speak for everyone else here, but if I'm farming, I don't want challenge of any kind. I want to faceroll everything in my path and try and get good loot. If I want a challenge, then I go back to where I am and try to progress.

That being said, I destroy everything in Act 1 quite easily but in hundreds of runs with my Wiz, I have very little to show for it. Found a xbow with 1k DPS (and I dont even play DH anymore, heh), and a few decent ilvl 62-63 items, but that's about it. No upgrades.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Well, naturally nothing I listed sold. Though I did create 2 radiant square emeralds and they went for $1.00. I had no idea people actually bought these things. Buying them for the sake of combining higher ones isn't cost effective give AH fees. And these gems are just short of being actaully good. Damn, I shouldn't have sold most of my tomes as I couldn't make a star. Sad
On the .25 minimum... I can't imagine how gold selling will work if they don't take care of this.

(07-11-2012, 11:47 PM)RedRadical Wrote: I can't speak for everyone else here, but if I'm farming, I don't want challenge of any kind. I want to faceroll everything in my path and try and get good loot. If I want a challenge, then I go back to where I am and try to progress.

This would be the definition of "too efficient." Some players want enough challenges while farming to keep them awake. (This isn't necessarily all that much challenge once you gear gets decent... Act 1 gets REALLY easy at some point.) Others may not even want any challenge but just want some diversity instead of the same old act/runs over and over. But they can't justify farming the harder areas when the results are so much slower. It is a tricky thing to balance , and I'm not even sure whether I believe these people or if they just can't help but rack up big repair bills in harder areas. Ideally IMO the balance is better if easy areas were somewhat less efficient than the harder ones. You'll get more people falling back to less efficient easier areas as long as the top items can still drop from there, than you will see people gimping themselves with worse drops for a bit more challenge. (HC might be screwed either way though.)

P.S. this style of Act 1 "farming" means you skip almost all trash and have some kind of fast movement skill, and either do MF swapping or maybe have sacced some defense for MF. You won't start to approach later acts performance until you start exploiting how little danger enemies pose to you.
(07-12-2012, 07:48 AM)FoxBat Wrote: On the .25 minimum... I can't imagine how gold selling will work if they don't take care of this.

And they've gone and added gold, at a minimum price of .25 per 100k. Which means 1 million gold goes for $2.5, while Chinese sites sell for half of that. I guess it will be fixed eventually? but this is the first time I see an update and actually think "pathetic."
In addition, the patch was delayed a week... for this. Definitely, pathetic.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.