Hidden monster damage boost / bug
Since 1.03, some monsters do a lot more damage than before, and some boss affixes do extreme amounts of damage as well.
Things like Fire Chains, Desecrator, etc. nearly mean instant death even with fair amounts of resists (600-900).

This has been discussed in some other places with many users describing the same issues.
I noticed it myself as well, as I was farming in Inferno act 2 without problems before, I could beat almost all elite combinations without a sweat.
Since then, my equipment has gotten significantly better, but I nearly get instantly killed by some monsters that were relatively harmless before.

Especially the HC players should beware and keep this in mind, it would be terrible to lose a character to something like this.
I am running into this effect in hell difficulty. It feels almost as my elemental resists are not being taken into account. This is because from playing in a group earlier today on normal difficulty, I was not seeming to have as much of an issue with the elemental damage there. Since normal difficulty characters usually do not have very much for resistances (typically only from their INT), one would not suffer as much of a loss of mitigation as when one is also trying to stack enough resists for moving into later areas of hell and inferno.
There is a lot of different speculation going around, such as Resistance affixes being broken, monster damage/skills being partially reverted to their previous status, monsters attacking faster or multiple times now, and so on.
There seems to have been no real response from Blizzard on their forums yet, except for 1 vague post by Bashiok that basically said "we're looking into it", but that was 3 or 4 days ago.

I was farming act 2 quite comfortably before this was introduced, but I noticed that I die so much now, it's not really profitable anymore to keep trying with these repair costs, so after a few deaths I always end up logging out for the day in frustration.
I know I could just go back to Hell difficulty or Act 1 Inferno, but I'm just annoyed at how I can't do something anymore that I used to be able to due to an unannounced and (possibly) unintended change/mistake on Blizzard's end.

It's always the bosses with either Arcane Sentry or Desecrator coupled with a disabling mod such as Frozen/Vortex/Jailer that end up killing me after my snare breaker is already used.
Since once you get pulled in the middle of the lasers or pools or are unable to walk out of them, you just die within 2 seconds from full life even with reasonable resistances.

There are some humourous screenshots going around about Arcane Sentry and their spawn rate, too.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/Screenshot0391.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6cd0F.jpg
Servers were down a few minutes yesterday evening, no explanation that I am aware of. When they came back up, it 'seemed' that health orbs were spawning quite a bit more often. They have been keeping a running tally of hotfixes on the website, and I see nothing about this though. Probably just my imagination.
I'm in act 3 Inferno, and all this talk about Inferno being nerfed and a cake walk now, I'm not seeing it. Those demonic hell flyer things can 2 shot me with their fireballs, and I have 800+ resists. I wasn't in Act 3 Inferno before 1.03, but it certainly couldnt have been nerfed THAT much I still get two-shotted with very high resists. So before I would have been 1-shotted, now I can take two hits. Whoopty damn doo. And when you factor in the lower IAS and higher repair costs, enrage timers on some bosses, I would venture to say Inferno from end of Act 2 onward is probably more tedious now than it was previously.

I also noticed Invulnerable Minions and Shielding are spawning alot more now. You suck Blizz. Angry
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(07-03-2012, 04:51 PM)RedRadical Wrote: I also noticed Invulnerable Minions and Shielding are spawning alot more now. You suck Blizz. Angry

Onyxia Deep Breaths more, too!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(07-03-2012, 04:51 PM)RedRadical Wrote: I'm in act 3 Inferno, and all this talk about Inferno being nerfed and a cake walk now, I'm not seeing it. Those demonic hell flyer things can 2 shot me with their fireballs, and I have 800+ resists. I wasn't in Act 3 Inferno before 1.03, but it certainly couldnt have been nerfed THAT much I still get two-shotted with very high resists. So before I would have been 1-shotted, now I can take two hits. Whoopty damn doo. And when you factor in the lower IAS and higher repair costs, enrage timers on some bosses, I would venture to say Inferno from end of Act 2 onward is probably more tedious now than it was previously.

I also noticed Invulnerable Minions and Shielding are spawning alot more now. You suck Blizz. Angry

Whoops, I should have never helped you with ZK; only despair lies past him anyways. ;p
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(07-03-2012, 04:51 PM)RedRadical Wrote: I'm in act 3 Inferno, and all this talk about Inferno being nerfed and a cake walk now, I'm not seeing it. Those demonic hell flyer things can 2 shot me with their fireballs, and I have 800+ resists. I wasn't in Act 3 Inferno before 1.03, but it certainly couldnt have been nerfed THAT much I still get two-shotted with very high resists.

They reduced all the numbers by something like 40-45%. They used to do considerably more damage and TAKE considerably more. It is a cake walk for those who already had the gear to take it on, because they are now MASSIVELY over-geared.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Inferno HAS been nerfed. A someone who went to act 3 before the nerf and has played it after, it's easier.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Yes, but those who were properly geared before hand are a very tiny minority, and were mostly those who took advantage of exploits and pre-nerfed skills. Overall, damage is still extremely spiked and only those with in the top 2 percentile gear-wise will call Inferno a cake-walk. Anyone else is either trolling, or straight up lying. I shouldn't be being 2-shotted by Demonic Hell Flyers with 750-850 fire resistance. This is just poor and lazy/imbalanced game design, and it ticks me off that Blizz is addressing very trivial issues like MF instead of working on what really matters, like their broken endgame. Give me a 1100 DPS weapon and jewelry that stacks crit dmg, chance, and attack speed, pants and chest armor with highest possible resists, vitality/main stat and 3 sockets - and I will destroy Inferno also. Point is, the gear shouldnt have to be at that level to play and progress comfortably. The gear I have right now is pretty good, not outstanding but solid, and I can SORT of progress - but the repair costs simply do not make it worth the trouble since I would have to go back to Act 1 and farm gold for repairs. It would still be tedious even w/o the repair costs, with them it is out of the question. Lame. I suppose I am preaching to the choir to many here, but yea.....nerfed or not, it is still broken.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)