Dashing Strike vs Frozen...
I was just fighting a Succubus Champion group with Frozen and made an interesting discovery.

I use Dashing Strike with Flying Side Kick for (a) looking cool, and (b) chasing down enemies that like to run about. As I was fighting these Succubi I made the unintentional discovery that you are immune to the Freezing effect while in transit. After discovering this, I tested several times with the same result. I would stand at one Succubus until the ice-balls were about to explode, then fly across to another. At both ends --- and in the middle --- of this attack I was in the area of effect for the freeze explosions, yet every time I found myself unharmed and able to move (the same as if I had Serenity active). I tested when there was only one Succubus left and was standing next to her, but it did not seem to work that time. It appears you need to actually be in the travel frames.

I do not believe this suddenly makes Monks over-powered, but it is an interesting property that allows a more aggressive approach against Frozen mobs (until Blizzard nerfs it).
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I always thought this was intentional. Furious Charge (for barbs) has, I believe, the same behavior.
I haven't used flying side kick much, but the other dashing strikes will put you at the rear of a monster, so you can even "dash" to the same monster to change position on things like desecrated, or to move from arcane beams / frozen.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(06-29-2012, 06:13 PM)Concillian Wrote: I haven't used flying side kick much, but the other dashing strikes will put you at the rear of a monster, so you can even "dash" to the same monster to change position on things like desecrated, or to move from arcane beams / frozen.

You can dodge some of the telegraphed attacks this way too, though tempest rushing through a mob works better for that in my experience. But yeah.

Also, as I think most people know, seven sided strike behaves the same way. You are invulnerable during the strike and can avoid frozen orbs with it as well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.