Captured Flame
Anyone know for sure whether the Captured Flame companion is BoE or BoP?

Edit: According to WoWHead the captured flame is BoE.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
They are on the AH, so yes, they are BOE.

I bought it (with blossoms, not on the AH) today for my rogue, but she bound it. With MOP, companions (mounts and many achievements) become either server or account wide, so there is no reason to acquire the pet more than once.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(06-23-2012, 08:02 AM)kandrathe Wrote: They are on the AH, so yes, they are BOE.

I bought it (with blossoms, not on the AH) today for my rogue, but she bound it. With MOP, companions (mounts and many achievements) become either server or account wide, so there is no reason to acquire the pet more than once.

I'd heard about the change in MoP, however none of my characters have the Captured Flame. We are not coordinated enough to catch torches. Plus we have a policy not to buy pets on the auction house unless they are otherwise unavailable (for example Horde pets for Alliance characters).

Thanks for checking.

The reason I asked about BoE was because my BM hunter is the one who wants it but I figured my rogue (actually I have multiple BM hunters and multiple rogues so it gets confusing) has the best chance of getting enough blossoms.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(06-23-2012, 05:20 PM)LavCat Wrote: We are not coordinated enough to catch torches.
Worst. Mini-game. Ever. I can't/won't do it either. You only need to acquire 350 burning blossoms to procure the Captured Flame. So, you don't need to catch the torches. I had my main get the summer clothing required+brazier, and an Alt get the captured flame -- so once MOP is in place I'll have it. I don't think you need to do the juggling quests (you do need to juggle purchased torches in Dalaran, which sounds like it could be easier). I won't have any other Alt get the Captured Flame.

Quote:Plus we have a policy not to buy pets on the auction house unless they are otherwise unavailable (for example Horde pets for Alliance characters).
My policy as well -- I don't like to buy mounts either, unless they are selling for cheaper(which they often do) than the mats to make them. Mounts in MOP are also account wide (or server wide -- unsure about which) so you get the mount across all characters horde or alliance (within restrictions which may or may not include rep). MOP is still a little buggy in this regard. My human Warlock assumes the position of the Worgen racial run, but then doesn't go anywhere. My non-tailors can see the flying carpet, but only a tailor can invoke it. However, all my characters can summon the warlock dread stead.

Quote:The reason I asked about BoE was because my BM hunter is the one who wants it but I figured my rogue (actually I have multiple BM hunters and multiple rogues so it gets confusing) has the best chance of getting enough blossoms.
There seem to be more fires than are required by the achievement. I believe you can get over 1000 burning blossoms per year per character by visiting Alliance/horde fires, doing the daily kill quest, killing Ahune, and stealing the opponents flames.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]