The Economy of Gems
Hmm, the gem combining for trash gems has greatly decreased, but it still seems like it would be too much compared to just picking better ones off to the ground. As for the higher end gems, it seems it would still be a better idea to buy it off the AH as the cost of making it, as well as me not having the design makes the cost would be even closer. Are people profiting off this with that 15% fee?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(06-20-2012, 12:05 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Hmm, the gem combining for trash gems has greatly decreased, but it still seems like it would be too much compared to just picking better ones off to the ground. As for the higher end gems, it seems it would still be a better idea to buy it off the AH as the cost of making it, as well as me not having the design makes the cost would be even closer. Are people profiting off this with that 15% fee?

I think the reason costs were lowered so much on all the ones that drop is *because* they're so cheap on the AH.

The ones that have to be made, not dropped, are still plenty expensive.
--Mav
Note that in hardcore, it was not necessarily cheaper to buy off the AH. Green and yellow gems were cheap, red and purple were not.

There is more than one gold economy in this game.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.