Chat Channels
So anyhow, I logged in Diablo 3 and got spammed by spambots (nothing new), and even got spam friend requests, so I left the channel as usual. I figured I might as well join my own as I did in d2... and it doesn't work. You may only join the preset channels! I really don't get why this is so. Starcraft 2 didn't have them, but got them eventually, and this is battle.net 2.0 right? With parties only being 4 people large, it seems that it would be rather cumbersome to talk with a bunch of friends/guild/clan members or whatever.

I think this is a greater issue for the experience than actual game balance. After all, the point of this game was to be played online and interact with others, right?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(06-10-2012, 01:56 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: After all, the point of this game was to be played online and interact with others, right?

Nah the point was to meet up with pubbies that you'll never talk to or see again and your handful of facebook friends.

I recall the Bnet 2.0 designer(s) coming from Xbox Live so this may explain something.
Do we have an official Lurker chat channel name all picked out for when they (eventually) allow custom chat channels?
HailKingLochnar

just sayin...
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(06-11-2012, 03:32 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: HailKingLochnar

I'm really not one for pointing out spelling mistakes, but you really butchered what should have been "HellYeahDeebye".
(06-11-2012, 03:39 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(06-11-2012, 03:32 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: HailKingLochnar

I'm really not one for pointing out spelling mistakes, but you really butchered what should have been "HellYeahDeebye".

#WouldYouLikeToKnowMore