First Hardcore Inferno Belial Kill (by a Barbarian, too)
(06-13-2012, 09:18 AM)BellaStrega Wrote: This seems as good a place as any to ask: Do you find that the somewhat routine lag spikes cause many hardcore deaths?

The last three days have had some very odd lag spikes that I admit have been quite scary. About every couple of hours, I would suddenly get a lag spike for about 20 seconds and then it'll go away. I've been lucky so far to have had them at points where I was completely overgeared for the area and survived them. I think the scariest moment came when I was soloing nightmare Diablo, though. I got caught in a cage because of it, but again, I was overgeared for the fight, so I was luckily able to get away, heal up at a shrine, and continue.

Interestingly, I haven't seen the spikes since this morning, though. I hope that whatever has been causing the problems has been found and fixed. Other than the last three days, the servers have been quite stable for me. My infrastructure related deaths have all been on my end -- two neighborhood power outages and two internet disconnections.
(06-13-2012, 10:21 AM)MongoJerry Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 09:18 AM)BellaStrega Wrote: This seems as good a place as any to ask: Do you find that the somewhat routine lag spikes cause many hardcore deaths?

The last three days have had some very odd lag spikes that I admit have been quite scary. About every couple of hours, I would suddenly get a lag spike for about 20 seconds and then it'll go away. I've been lucky so far to have had them at points where I was completely overgeared for the area and survived them. I think the scariest moment came when I was soloing nightmare Diablo, though. I got caught in a cage because of it, but again, I was overgeared for the fight, so I was luckily able to get away, heal up at a shrine, and continue.

Interestingly, I haven't seen the spikes since this morning, though. I hope that whatever has been causing the problems has been found and fixed. Other than the last three days, the servers have been quite stable for me. My infrastructure related deaths have all been on my end -- two neighborhood power outages and two internet disconnections.

Keep in mind that the limiter for games created quickly was put in because creating too many games quickly puts more strain on the servers.
--Mav
Thanks much.

I suspected that the game limiter was for that reason, although I also thought there was some desire to stop goblin farming.
(06-13-2012, 07:59 PM)BellaStrega Wrote: Thanks much.

I suspected that the game limiter was for that reason, although I also thought there was some desire to stop goblin farming.

Can I jump in this discussion? That "feature" really rubbed me the wrong way last night. Sometimes I enjoy playing a challenging session, and sometimes it's late at night and I just want to do some easy, mindless treasure runs. I ran into that "input limit reached" and could only create a game every ten minutes or so.

I understood what Blizzard was doing, but it just felt like they were taking away part of what Diablo means to me.
Bashiok said they weren't trying to break that kind of farming and will re-implement it in the future when they can make it not hit people like you so hard.

I am kind of accustomed to punitive measures taken against farming after my time in Guild Wars. Doesn't mean I'm always right.