solo?
(06-05-2012, 11:12 PM)FoxBat Wrote: Every bit helps but they aren't all that strong really. I think you'll survive without 1/6th-1/8th your DPS and 3% bonus whatever.

Speaking as a paper-thin Witch Doctor, my follower is very much more than just some extra DPS. He tanks for me while I throw frogs and spiders on the wicked.

He annoys me too. I'll spend 40 minutes killing a Vortex/Mortar/Arcance Enchanted/Shielding pack and die 52 times, and afterwards he yells "Can we get more like that?"

NO WE MAY NOT SHUT YOUR MOUTH! DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF GAME?!?!
(06-06-2012, 03:34 AM)DeeBye Wrote: NO WE MAY NOT SHUT YOUR MOUTH! DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF GAME?!?!

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but...
Pfft, that is nothing. I had Tyrael and Kormak stand in the AoE of a Vampiric pack once. STOP HEALING THE ENEMY FASTER THAN I CAN HURT THEM!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I always have followers. I keep their gear up to date, spec them to support my characters, and keep them around. I'd say Lyndon is my least favorite, and I like having the enchantress around for my monk to boost her attack speed that extra 3%. Depending on character, location and my mood, I tend to use the enchantress or templar.

I did drag Lyndon around inferno long enough to get him to level 60, though. It really doesn't take long to get followers from 59 to 60 once you hit 60, at least it didn't for me. If inferno's too rough, hell isn't too bad for that purpose.
(06-05-2012, 11:18 PM)MMAgCh Wrote:
(06-05-2012, 11:12 PM)FoxBat Wrote: They are especially gimped in being unable to wear most inferno equipment (always level 59.)

Huh? My level 60 monk's best buddy very much is a L60 enchantress. (Although the other two followers, whom I haven't been using at all, are both L59 right now.) Are you sure about this?

They have some sort of catchup mechanic in that they'll gain experience to one level below you (or just automatically be one level below you?) really quickly, even when not with you. For your current level, I think only the follower with you is gaining experience (my Templar is now 60, Enchantress has some experience towards 60, and Scoundrel has none).
(06-06-2012, 12:24 PM)Quark Wrote:
(06-05-2012, 11:18 PM)MMAgCh Wrote:
(06-05-2012, 11:12 PM)FoxBat Wrote: They are especially gimped in being unable to wear most inferno equipment (always level 59.)

Huh? My level 60 monk's best buddy very much is a L60 enchantress. (Although the other two followers, whom I haven't been using at all, are both L59 right now.) Are you sure about this?

They have some sort of catchup mechanic in that they'll gain experience to one level below you (or just automatically be one level below you?) really quickly, even when not with you. For your current level, I think only the follower with you is gaining experience (my Templar is now 60, Enchantress has some experience towards 60, and Scoundrel has none).

This is correct, you have to take them out and get them experience after you hit 60. I did that the other two days and now all of Lissa's followers are 60. Also found that probably the scoundrel is probably the best choice for a DH as he boosts your damage, significantly I might add, and the templar is pretty crappy as a tank from what I have seen in Inferno anyway (probably since late Nightmare).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(06-06-2012, 03:15 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: So far I am still going with no follower, but I don't think that is going to last. I'm finding that I really seem to suck at this incarnation of D and any little bit of help will probably help. Undecided

Wow, this really sucks. I got to Nightmare Rakanoth and I could not get him below about 40%. I gave in and called the Templar off the bench. Rakanoth died the first go round without breaking a sweat. Since I had now been sullied by choosing to do so, I figured I might as well just keep going with him. Most of the time, he would grab hold of enough to let my Wizard, Lochnar, stand back and kill stuff. I found myself starting to appreciate the way the game had become easier. I finally head for Diablo's chamber and as I'm running up, BAM!, THEY PUT MY TEMPLAR IN A CAGE AND HE WASN'T ALLOWED TO HELP! HUMMPPH! I'm lucky if I can get through the shadow realm place, let alone kill him. I suck at this game! Sad
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
When I played, I used the Scoundrel on my DH, they made quite a nice duo, despite being the same type of warrior.
I put the fastest bow I could find on him with a cold damage modifier, and also got lucky with a knockback % modifier.

He doesn't do a lot of damage, but he is very effective as crowd control, as all his attacks slow their target, and with his multi shot, he can ensnare several targets at the same time.
When he's using the slow, it saves me resources on Caltrops and any time not spent kiting means more damage, so that works out well.
For the Scoundrel's last skill slot, I'm using Hysteria, as this naturally works together well with the DH's Sharpshooter.

Also, I like the banter between them, it's like Batman + sidekick or something. Smile