Post 60-- There's No Joy in Victory
There's two things that stick out for me:
It seems like they designed crafting as an item-sink, and to be able to get items off the market. If you have to break down a bunch of lvl 60 magic/rares/legendaries to get the mats you need, then that would effectively take items off the market permanently. The "fact" that the percent of people that use the blacksmith are less then the percent of people in Inferno completely undermines this though.

Also, as much as they've been accused of it, and completely deny it, I think they would be well-served to have the item generator base drops on what the current state of the AH is. If there's a 50 pages of one legendary item, why drop another?

The AH isn't well integrated into the game experience, and the "economy" doesn't make any sense. One would assume that it's a buyer's market, but only to a certain extent. There's no real reasoning as to why Item X is on auction for 1M, 10M or 100M. The numbers are arbitrary, and that's the biggest fail of them all.
(06-06-2012, 12:37 PM)smegged Wrote: The only way for Blizzard to really fix this is to make all iLvl 60 items BoE and improve the drops/crafting in nightmare difficulty and above. Because seriously, sooner, rather than later, there will be so many axes of awesomeness floating around that their effective value will drop to nothing. From there, the only thing Blizzard will be able to do is to "reset the ladder", retune hell and inferno and reinflate item stats on new drops. The game will be an endless game of item farming to upgrade your character to stay at the same level of power.

It's kinda true; we do need more ways to spend gold. I mean, leveling up your smithers is only a one time thing. Hardcore market has it better since items are constantly destroyed when people die.

On the other hand, the advent of pvp will mean the market will run very strongly for these things of awesomeness.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)