Breath of Heaven misses party members sometimes...
My monk's skill page includes Breath of Heaven with the Circle of Life rune. This heals me whenever I use the skill.

When I join my brother the Barbarian, the healing effect on him is intermittent. Sometimes he is healed when I use the skill, and sometimes he isn't.

The spell range is 12 yards, and I have seen the spell miss when we were well within range, even standing adjacent to each other.

The only cause I can think of is latency: his latency may be 300+ ms while mine is usually less than 200 ms.

I haven't found a discussion of monk healing yet. Any info would be helpful.
Mentos: The Freshmaker!
I have also seen this behavior with Breath of Heaven. Its especially annoying when you run to someone specifically to heal them and nothing.
I find many Monk skills quite unreliable. Use skills, but the effect does not come off, or it gets blocked by a pebble, or it works but you were actually standing somewhere else to where you think you were. I have no idea how this could be possible, but it feels like some kind of class-specific unreliability O_o
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Until you get tons of resists and armor, the healing is pretty crappy later on. If your friends don't have high resist and armor, it's even more worthless.

Damage reduction though, means that each hit point recovered counts for more. If you have 50% damage reduction, then each hit point healed is worth twice as much as if you had no deduction.

ironically, the rune blazing wrath is better than the skill itself. Thus, pretend this skill is a 15% attack buff to yourself and the healing comes from the rune-- act accordingly.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)