Amazon Release day shipping
Are they usually pretty good about this? I pre-ordered the standard edition on March 20th with release day shipping, but I just checked my order and seen it still hasn't even shipped yet - dont see how it will be possible for my copy to be delivered on Tuesday unless they are shipping overnight or 1 day. I've seen a number of EU players that have received their copy via Amazon.UK already, what is up with that?
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(05-11-2012, 11:23 PM)RedRadical Wrote: I've seen a number of EU players that have received their copy via Amazon.UK already
That'd be news to me, as there currently are a lot of complaints about amazon.co.uk apparently NOT shipping the game until Monday. Angry This is in contrast to amazon.de and most other UK online retailers, which have already shipped the game or will be shipping it today (Saturday).
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Most shipping takes 3 days. If there is no movement tomorrow it may be a day or 2 after release date. That said, amazon is a big customer of an ailing postal service. It would not surprise me if those boxes get thrown into shipping containers first. The last harry potter book arrived at post offices a day early, but that is the only time I know of things being shipped before release date and held at the office until the official release date.

When there is movement on the shipment I can better guess at an arrival time for you.
(05-11-2012, 11:23 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Are they usually pretty good about this?

They've been invariably on-time for me.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Personally, I didn't pay for release day shipping on my copy. Could've pre-ordered digitally, but when you consider the price difference of £33 on Amazon and £45 online... Yeah.

I am however downloading the full game client from Blizzard, so in the likely event that my copy doesn't land on my doormat for the 15th I can at least get a day or so out of the starter edition. Are you able to download 7.6 gigs on your connection?
(05-13-2012, 04:46 PM)NiteFox Wrote: I am however downloading the full game client from Blizzard, so in the likely event that my copy doesn't land on my doormat for the 15th I can at least get a day or so out of the starter edition.
Doesn't the starter edition use a different client? The related support page on battle.net certainly seems to imply as much. (Plus, of course, you'll need to mooch a game pass off someone with an actual boxed copy to be able to play it. Smile)
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
... Oh well. At least I can go with the original plan of installing the game beforehand, then registering my account key and diving straight in without waiting for patches/installation.

Saving over ten pounds is my reward.
The consensus seems to be that Amazon does overnight shipping with release day delivery products. So, it should ship out tomorrow and I'll have my copy of D3 sometime Tuesday afternoon. I already downloaded the full game client from Blizzard (7.6 gigs), so I should be able to just put in my cd-key, download the patch, and then I will be balls deep in demon guts before I know it Smile I wont be able to play at the midnight launch, but I have class early next day anyways so its cool.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Note the pre-downloaded version is encrypted, and Blizzard said that in testing their other pre-downloads (SC2, Cataclysm) the decryption time took about as long as installing straight from the disc. I'm not sure it's worth the effort when you need the key from the physical box anyway.

Hey, maybe I can finagle this incredible amount of overtime this weekend into a day off on Tuesday ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!