Unstoppable endgame Barb build
Fear me, Inferno mode!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/ba...ZSa!YacbYc
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
I am going to try this build. Go for a zerker model and see how it goes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/ba...Zha!cZccYb
Barb has so many ridiculous active skills, it's insane really. As long as you have some sort of AoE attack, a single target attack and a fury generator and a mobile skill (like Leap or Charge), you are probably set to go. This goes for any class but it should be especially easy on Barb. I think DH has the coolest passives though.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(05-13-2012, 07:04 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Barb has so many ridiculous active skills, it's insane really. As long as you have some sort of AoE attack, a single target attack and a fury generator and a mobile skill (like Leap or Charge), you are probably set to go. This goes for any class but it should be especially easy on Barb. I think DH has the coolest passives though.

From lots of prior experience, I'd say that most pre-game builds are going to be irrelevant a month into the game. Of course if speculatuion is your cup of tea, by all means....
(05-15-2012, 12:07 AM)Ashock Wrote: From lots of prior experience, I'd say that most pre-game builds are going to be irrelevant a month into the game. Of course if speculatuion is your cup of tea, by all means....

I can honestly say I don't think that will be the case this time around (finally). The way they've built scaling (tied to items) into every skill in the game makes each of them viable all the way through. Some will undoubtedly be objectively "better" than others, but I feel it's mostly going to come down to playstyle and personal preference. We'll see, though. As you say, given history it's not outside the realm of possibility (probability?) that they'll screw it up. Tongue
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-12-2012, 11:03 AM)Jabberwolky Wrote: I am going to try this build. Go for a zerker model and see how it goes.

If you have "Unforgiving", I'm not sure you would need "Into the Fray". I might try "Marauders Rage" to maximize damage. With Rend and Fury (which have become my choices already at level 20), I'm usually full of fury most of the time until it recedes post battle as I explore.

For your Passive choices, I like the first two and that's what I'm doing, but for the third, I find health globes are never as accessible when you need them. It is nice when they drop and you can get to them. Often there are mobs between me and the health I need, so rather than hope I can get it, I'll quaff a heal pot instead.

I'm finding more Life, and damage reduction to be more useful. I would probably opt for "Relentless", "Nerves of Steel", "Inspiring Presence", or really anything that reduces damage, increases life, or allows you to heal over time.

For Rage, I'm currently using Earthquake, and it's very useful for burning down tough packs while I can stand my ground. It's seldom not useful, when the mob pack has anyone with knock back or tends to run away/around.

I'm just over 20 now, and aspiring to this build by 24.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

This thread is hilarious, when viewed some time after the "D 3 is broken" and "complaints about Inferno diff" threads now running.

Nostalgia ... I recall a bit of rage among the faithful when D II had some odd quirks at release ...
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
D2 had some issues, that's for sure.
D3 should be called AH1. That's it's issue.
It's a flawed concept as a game overall.
(05-23-2012, 02:24 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 11:03 AM)Jabberwolky Wrote: I am going to try this build. Go for a zerker model and see how it goes.

If you have "Unforgiving", I'm not sure you would need "Into the Fray". I might try "Marauders Rage" to maximize damage. With Rend and Fury (which have become my choices already at level 20), I'm usually full of fury most of the time until it recedes post battle as I explore.

For your Passive choices, I like the first two and that's what I'm doing, but for the third, I find health globes are never as accessible when you need them. It is nice when they drop and you can get to them. Often there are mobs between me and the health I need, so rather than hope I can get it, I'll quaff a heal pot instead.

I'm finding more Life, and damage reduction to be more useful. I would probably opt for "Relentless", "Nerves of Steel", "Inspiring Presence", or really anything that reduces damage, increases life, or allows you to heal over time.

As for earthquake, I did use it for a long time, but things got to a point where I was moving so much to avoid taking too much damage that I couldn't keep the mobs in a earthquake long enough. I like zerker since it gives you a more fluid buff that can move with the fight. It buffs you so that you can stand your ground if the opportunity presents itself or get out and run if something happens and you can't take the heat.

For Rage, I'm currently using Earthquake, and it's very useful for burning down tough packs while I can stand my ground. It's seldom not useful, when the mob pack has anyone with knock back or tends to run away/around.

I'm just over 20 now, and aspiring to this build by 24.

That was the build I was speculating at using prior to launch. I'm in act 3 hell and now I use:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/ba...Zcd!aaacbZ

I really enjoy this build. Its very flexible. Leap/Iron Impact give a nice escape/charge and provides an awesome armor buff for 4 seconds every 10 seconds. Charge/Dreadnaught provides a second escape/partial break, an aoe, and a heal. I believe that Revenge/Vengeance is Mine has been a skill on my bar since it was available. I intend to switch from Warcry/Invigorate to Impunity as soon as I hit 60. Finally Beserker/Insanity is pretty self explanatory, 15 seconds to chew up anything in your path.

As for runes I have chosen to go with a more dps oriented way of doing things and it has worked well so far. For certain situations I switch a few runes out such as nerves of steel and superstition. I normally keep blood thirst up.

We'll see what happens when I hit inferno. I'm sure some things will need adjustment.