In-game "exclusive" sigils.
Apparently Blizzard's hype machine is in full swing. They've put up a site where every week you will also be able to participate in class-specific activities on the site, through which you can earn five exclusive in-game banner sigils to display on your Diablo III characters once the game is released. I'm hoping they'll all be as simple as this week. You make a pretty banner and when you're done, you get a fancy sigil attached to your battlenet account for use in game. You don't login to the site, but instead just type in your nick and email addy. Here's the blog post about it as well. Only three days left for the demon hunter sigil thingy.
Intolerant monkey.
I have participated.
So did I but not sure if it worked.
The facebook part didn't either.
(04-07-2012, 12:14 PM)Treesh Wrote: Apparently Blizzard's hype machine is in full swing. They've put up a site where every week you will also be able to participate in class-specific activities on the site, through which you can earn five exclusive in-game banner sigils to display on your Diablo III characters once the game is released. I'm hoping they'll all be as simple as this week. You make a pretty banner and when you're done, you get a fancy sigil attached to your battlenet account for use in game. You don't login to the site, but instead just type in your nick and email addy. Here's the blog post about it as well. Only three days left for the demon hunter sigil thingy.

How does it work?

I got to:

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/mark_of_valor/#!/create

It looks like a blank frame for drawing something but there are no instructions and nothing much to click on. And they don't ask for my battlenet ID or email address. The provided faq was useless.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(04-09-2012, 01:17 AM)LavCat Wrote: How does it work?

I got to:

http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/mark_of_valor/#!/create

It looks like a blank frame for drawing something but there are no instructions and nothing much to click on. And they don't ask for my battlenet ID or email address. The provided faq was useless.

It has the demon hunter already highlighted and you hit the next button. If you don't see a picture of the demon hunter, there may be an issue with flash player.
Intolerant monkey.
(04-09-2012, 02:37 AM)Treesh Wrote: It has the demon hunter already highlighted and you hit the next button. If you don't see a picture of the demon hunter, there may be an issue with flash player.

Flash? I don't do Flash. When it comes to Flash I'm with the late Steve Jobs. The faq never mentioned Flash. Knowing Blizzard, they probably wrote the whole game in Flash to get it out the door in time. Damn Blizzard, they can take their sigil. They can take their sigil and go ...oh, wait.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(04-09-2012, 04:28 AM)LavCat Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 02:37 AM)Treesh Wrote: It has the demon hunter already highlighted and you hit the next button. If you don't see a picture of the demon hunter, there may be an issue with flash player.

Flash? I don't do Flash. When it comes to Flash I'm with the late Steve Jobs. The faq never mentioned Flash. Knowing Blizzard, they probably wrote the whole game in Flash to get it out the door in time. Damn Blizzard, they can take their sigil. They can take their sigil and go ...oh, wait.

I've got a similar attitude towards DivX. It never has worked properly for me. Always causes the machine to not shut down or restart properly, but some game company kept using the damned thing on their site. I think it was Bethesda, but at least they only used it on the intro so I could avoid it by not going to the main page.

Blizzard did say there would be a second chance at missed sigils right before release, but no info on just what that second chance entails.
Intolerant monkey.
And now you can go through and unlock any sigils you may have missed.

Edit: Only until May 18th.
Intolerant monkey.