Lokishadow streaming D3
Hello, all,

I will update this thread as soon as I can. I have just rwceived a beta key for D3 and I'm going to try to get a stream running tonight on www.twitch.tv, as I promised a while back. I will update this thread as I get the kinks in the stream worked out. I believe my channel will be www.twitch.tv/Lokishadow.

See you there!

Disclaimer: I have never streamed before, so expect some technical issues.
"How heroic. How compassionate. How selfless. I think I'm going to be sick."
-Skeletorr, the new HE-MAN
(02-02-2012, 06:00 PM)Lokishadow Wrote: Hello, all,

I will update this thread as soon as I can. I have just rwceived a beta key for D3 and I'm going to try to get a stream running tonight on www.twitch.tv, as I promised a while back. I will update this thread as I get the kinks in the stream worked out. I believe my channel will be www.twitch.tv/Lokishadow.

See you there!

Disclaimer: I have never streamed before, so expect some technical issues.

Hi - 'tonight' has a wide range of time depending upon what timezone you are in and what you consider 'tonight' to be. What time were you streaming? I'd love to check it out.
whoops. Thanks for pointing that out. I will be trying to have it up and running by 9pm Central time. Hopefully earlier, but family matters tend to suck up my time (single parent).

I will keep posting on this thread with updates. Maybe I'll even be able to team up with 8olty! if he's still playing that late.

Sorry about typos, I'm posting from my phone at work. I'm so excited, I haven't played any diablo games since 2005 when I finally put down LoD.

-Loki
Update: Home from work, trying to get twitch.tv working while I install the beta. Apparently, I am an idiot. i thought I could just click "play" and that was it. No, silly nubcakes, you need a media encoder. Flash Media it is! (Free is better).

If all goes well, stream will be up and running by 6pm Central Standard Time (North America). However, I do not expect it to be running until 8 or so. Will continue to update.

-Loki

EDIT: I am an idiot.
Okay, after looking things over, I have determined that I really am a complete idiot, but at least I figured out the problem. I'm calling off any streaming for tonight (I was not expecting a 3.4GB beta, but hey, I should've expected it). Instead I will stream either Friday night, 2/3/2012 at 7pm Central time, or Saturday at 1pm Central time.

Sorry if I overhyped myself. I guess I'm just really excited. See you there Friday or Saturday!

-Loki
I think you should have streamed the install process. There's something totally thrilling, yet mind-bogglingly boring at the same time about the whole procedure. Big Grin

Watch the bar move...watch it move...only 4 hours to go...woah...
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(02-03-2012, 02:56 PM)Bolty Wrote: I think you should have streamed the install process. There's something totally thrilling, yet mind-bogglingly boring at the same time about the whole procedure. Big Grin

Watch the bar move...watch it move...only 4 hours to go...woah...

Lern2FiOS Tongue
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
all right, the game was finally done dl'ing @ 0500 this morning. Fiber not available in my area, Lissa, I'm a ROFL (redneck old fart lurker) from Arkansas. Hance, stream will probably be 360p. I'm looking into Uverse and higher-speed dsl, cable here is craptacular.

Tech question: do I need any special card, or will just my beastly gaming pc and a media encoder suffice to stream my games? I'm finding contradictory info on twitch'tv forums and the almighty google search.
Hey, all,

Okay, I apologize. I went way the H-E-double-hockey-sticks off the deep end in my excitement over getting a Beta invite. I do not have sufficient upstream bandwidth to stream anything worth watching, and while my PC is up to the task, my mic is not. Hence, I would not be able to talk to all the fine folk who might happen upon my stream. Therefore, I am not streaming until I get more bandwidth.

However, I will post once I have the bandwidth. This is something that's hard to get in Arkansas, by-the-by. I think the fastest in this area is ATT Uverse at around 10Mbps down, 1.5Mbps up, which is just barely enough to stream 480p.

Tests are currently giving me my best streaming results at 250kbps up, which my desktop can chew up and spit out in little pieces no problem, but over which my connection (DSL) can handle, but the video quality is akin to watching D3 via cell-phone camera recording of someone else's screen...and not an iPhone camera.

Once again, apologies. I can't resist it anymore, I'm going to go play the Beta, but I WILL stream as soon as I have bandwidth.

-Loki