Auto and Tab Targeting Dead Mobs ?
Just putting the word out for melee, tank classes: Any one else experience this besides me and these folks? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/...579?page=1

Say I am AOEing in a large trash pack and a mob dies and I target a new mob, the targeting will switch back to the dead mob and if I tab to retarget a new mob it stays stuck on the dead mob and wont switch so I am not auto swinging and I rage starve?

Apparently it has fix comming: "A fix has been created and will be applied in an upcoming patch. "
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Yup; got that way too many times lately. Note that the first attack does seem to hit, but then it switches back (at least, that's how I experienced it).
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I have run into it also on just small groups of mobs in the outdoors on a toon I am leveling. Usually this has taken the form for me of randomly changing my target choice in the midst of using several multitarget attacks. Troublesome when I need to be applying most of my attacks to a main mob and the lesser mobs can be handled with the AoE and multitarget attacks.

It seems to me that maybe the auto-attack_target is not correctly staying up with your targeting choices. When the auto-attack goes off, it uses the last target sample that it logged which may not be your current target if the sample was taken from an earlier attack(auto or otherwise) or even worse if the sample was taken during an AoE attack when the host computer is running through a cycle to have a multitarget attack apply damage to the list of mobs near you (dead mobs can be on that list even if they will not have damage applied to them).