installing diablo problems
Hi guys, I just installed diablo on this computer and I'm a problem. Someone just posted some diablo fixes, but it doesn't seem to me like they are to my problem. 1) I can only use battle.net by putting the CD and clicking play from the screen that pops up. When I run diablo from my start bar (with the CD in the drive) battlenet won't work. I suspect this has something to do with a partitioned drive, but a) I don't know what that means and b) I don't know how to fix that. I run windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try run as administrator.
I had a similar problem running diablo on windows 7. First try running the program as an administrator. if you still have trouble, make sure windows firewall isn't blocking the application. Let us know how it goes!

Oh, and a partitioned hard drive should have absolutely nothing to do with this issue.
I had the exact same issue on my Windows 7 machine. I tried running as Administrator but to no avail. Brogden is correct in that a partitioned hard drive has nothing to do with the problem. I couldn't seem to find a way to make it install/run in a FAT32 compatibility mode. That's when I broke down and actually called the developer's customer support. They actually offered to email me a 2MB fix that allowed Diablo to install on a NTFS file system (which Windows 7 is). I don't have the file anymore but maybe you could try doing what I did. It took 10 minutes and I was all set.
Considering that the company in the link has nothing to do with Blizzard, and that there is no fix needed to run Diablo on NTFS, I think we have us another spammer here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I am truly sorry if my comment came off that way. I am not a spam robot, nor am I here with any intentions of discrediting this forum. I am a HUGE fan of Diablo 1 and 2 and just wanted to try and help out a fellow gamer. And, according to the HR at Blizzard, Diablo 1 has reported issues running on NTFS. They were very helpful and provided a patch for me that does nothing more than remedy that issue and it fixed my problem. I'm only repeating what they told me.
HR is HUman Resources, they do NOT offer technical support. And as I already said, the company you linked to in your post has nothing to do with Blizzard.

-W.C. Fields
(01-05-2012, 12:36 AM)LennyLen Wrote: HR is HUman Resources, they do NOT offer technical support. And as I already said, the company you linked to in your post has nothing to do with Blizzard.

I just find it funny that they claim it has issues with running on NTFS when it was just fine running on NT back when diablo was new. =P Not many games would run under NT, but Diablo did and ran beautifully.
Intolerant monkey.
Since my post was questioned by some users I edited it to remove the link I put. I was not trying to spam or anything. Sorry for coming across that way.
What about the link in this post?

-W.C. Fields