Issues logging on to bnet...
Hello, one of my friends who has been away from the game wants to start playing again, but he cant log onto bnet. He has installed the latest 109 patch and runs Windows XP. Any suggestions? IIRC you have to run d1 as an Admin to log onto bnet (hes tried this too)?
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
had the same problem, my internet security program/firewall were blocking access had to shut it down while connecting. worth to try that.
Hi,

(12-29-2010, 01:12 PM)kmoi Wrote: had the same problem, my internet security program/firewall were blocking access had to shut it down while connecting. worth to try that.

While this may work, it does leave your computer unprotected unless you are using a firewall on a router.

A better way is to open the UDP ports Diablo uses. They are 6112 through 6119 inclusive IIRC (don't have Diablo installed at this time). In XP SP3, go to control panel, security center, manage security settings for firewall, exceptions tab, add program. If that doesn't fix the problem, go to add port instead of add program. Add the port numbers above (you might just need one). Be sure that the scope is any computer and that the type is UDP.

If all that doesn't work, give us more info and we'll try something else.

Good luck.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

For inbound, Diablo only needs UDP port 6112. The others are frequently used when multiple users are sharing a single public IP address, and each port is mapped to one of the users. Even without allowing inbound UDP, it should be possible to get on battle.net, but you would not be able to play games (only chat). For outbound, Diablo needs to send to UDP port 6112 on the battle.net server and to connect to TCP port 6112 on the battle.net server.

Could we get a more detailed description of the failure mode? Is there anything in BnetLog.txt?