The Wrestler was pretty good
I finally got to watch The Wrestler, and I loved it. Mickey Rourke's performance was amazingly raw and honest. Heath Ledger was great in The Dark Knight, but Rourke's performance might have topped it.

If you never watched a professional wrestling match and never listened to heavy metal music in the 1980's you might not appreciate this movie as much as I did.

If you like Marisa Tomie and are a heterosexual male you will love this movie.
I watched a bit of Gran Turino, and was really disappointed. It was the worst movie based on a video game I have ever seen. It was nothing like the game. There was no racing and no car modding at all:(
Quote:I finally got to watch The Wrestler, and I loved it. Mickey Rourke's performance was amazingly raw and honest. Heath Ledger was great in The Dark Knight, but Rourke's performance might have topped it.

If you never watched a professional wrestling match and never listened to heavy metal music in the 1980's you might not appreciate this movie as much as I did.

If you like Marisa Tomie and are a heterosexual male you will love this movie.
My sister is recommending "Slum Dog Millionaire", but I've not seen it yet.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I watched a bit of Gran Turino, and was really disappointed. It was the worst movie based on a video game I have ever seen. It was nothing like the game. There was no racing and no car modding at all:(
Either that's a smart quip against a Clint Eastwood film (and brother, that's a big mistake— *.44 hammer click*) or someone really dropped the ball when they sold you on going to the cinema that day.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:Either that's a smart quip against a Clint Eastwood film (and brother, that's a big mistake— *.44 hammer click*) or someone really dropped the ball when they sold you on going to the cinema that day.

It was a joke:)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/
Quote:My sister is recommending "Slum Dog Millionaire", but I've not seen it yet.

Saw it over the weekend. Very worth going to see. Best $21 I've spent at the movies in a long time. And it was the first movie in a while that actually made me care about the characters.

Plus, the visuals of the India slums are pretty impressive.