Comic challenge
Quite a few years ago I was reading one of those magazines that showcases the comics new and old. One section of it showed the darker age of comics when there was no comics code.

There was one to which a woman is in (what appears to be) her living room by the Christmas tree and she finds a coffin there wrapped in a bow and she's gasping in horror as it reads "Merry Christmas - to my wife"

at the same time her husband is behind her with an axe or a shovel, I can't remember which I lost that magazine.

I'm into horror and would like to track down that comic if anyone knows what company made it and what kind of series it was under.

Thanks.
Sounds like a Tales from the Crypt to me.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
thanks I'll have to check that out. Off topic a bit, but have you seen the new'ish video of Diablo 3 artisans yet MEAT?

(09-05-2010, 04:02 PM)MEAT Wrote: Sounds like a Tales from the Crypt to me.
Without knowing what era the comic was printed in or any other information it would be exceedingly difficult to track down the single issue you are looking for. Even in the harshest days of the comic code there were comics being produced that didn't follow the code. It may actually be easier to try to track down the issue of the magazine you were reading and from that find out what comic and issue the scene comes from.
I know I agree with you. I am going to do that, however it was just a picture, and there was no reference to the comic or the issue number unfortunitly. But its a good starting point.

(09-06-2010, 07:35 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Without knowing what era the comic was printed in or any other information it would be exceedingly difficult to track down the single issue you are looking for. Even in the harshest days of the comic code there were comics being produced that didn't follow the code. It may actually be easier to try to track down the issue of the magazine you were reading and from that find out what comic and issue the scene comes from.
(09-06-2010, 05:25 PM)TheKingofKewl Wrote: thanks I'll have to check that out. Off topic a bit, but have you seen the new'ish video of Diablo 3 artisans yet MEAT?

(09-05-2010, 04:02 PM)MEAT Wrote: Sounds like a Tales from the Crypt to me.

No I haven't. Sounds interesting; I'll go check it out, thanks!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
There is a cartoon I would like to find again too. It is one of Gahan Wilson's and I likely saw it in Playboy magazine some 30-odd years ago. I have tried a few times to see if I could find it on the 'net but my google-fu is weak. If anyone can point me to a copy of it, I would be grateful.

It shows two stumpy old ladies marching up to a street corner. Coming from the other direction are two monsters, chasing one another. One old lady is saying to the other: "It's just one damn thing after another."

I would love to have a copy to put on my refrigerator, just to make me smile on those days when life delivers me one damn thing after another.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake