Desperately Seeking LennyLen and Draconis
Most of you who are still active here won't remember me, but I am looking for LennyLen, long time Lurker and DSFer who lives in Christchurch NZ. LennyLen, should you see this, please send me a PM, so I know you're all right. Same for Draconis, though I think he lives on the other island.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hi Sabra, and everyone else.

I was out of the city when the quake struck so came through ok. We've had to leave our apartment, as it is in the worst hit area of the city and nobody is allowed back, but hopefully we'll be able to go back at some point to retrieve our possessions. It looks like the car might be gone though, as apparently, the underground carpark collapsed.

My workplace was actually closed down after the boxing-day earthquake, but the insurance policy we had in place has been ensuring I still get paid. Unfortunately however, my girlfriend's work was taken out in this quake, and they don't have such comprehensive insurance, though luckily the government is helping out people in this situation.

We've come to the conclusion that we're probably going to move to another city either here in NZ or in Australia. We both work hospo, and it's going to be very difficult to find employment in this field for the foreseeable future.

At the moment, we're actually doing pretty good. My girlfriend's mother paid to move the family (myself included) to a five star luxury resort, so we're taking a break for a few days before moving on with the next phase of our lives.

Regards, LL
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(03-01-2011, 09:29 PM)LennyLen Wrote: Hi Sabra, and everyone else.

I was out of the city when the quake struck so came through ok. We've had to leave our apartment, as it is in the worst hit area of the city and nobody is allowed back, but hopefully we'll be able to go back at some point to retrieve our possessions. It looks like the car might be gone though, as apparently, the underground carpark collapsed.

My workplace was actually closed down after the boxing-day earthquake, but the insurance policy we had in place has been ensuring I still get paid. Unfortunately however, my girlfriend's work was taken out in this quake, and they don't have such comprehensive insurance, though luckily the government is helping out people in this situation.

We've come to the conclusion that we're probably going to move to another city either here in NZ or in Australia. We both work hospo, and it's going to be very difficult to find employment in this field for the foreseeable future.

At the moment, we're actually doing pretty good. My girlfriend's mother paid to move the family (myself included) to a five star luxury resort, so we're taking a break for a few days before moving on with the next phase of our lives.

Regards, LL

LennyLen!

Thank you for writing. Attika is also concerned, but I'll make sure he sees this.

I am so glad you are okay! I posted a link to your response in The Lounge too. Kan was wondering about you as well.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hi,

(03-01-2011, 09:29 PM)LennyLen Wrote: At the moment, we're actually doing pretty good.

Sorry to hear about the losses, but glad you were safely away. Best of luck in finding a new place and position.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Thank you for writing. Attika is also concerned, but I'll make sure he sees this.

I PMed him myself yesterday, but thanks.

Quote:Sorry to hear about the losses, but glad you were safely away. Best of luck in finding a new place and position.

Thanks. I actually got a call this morning from someone from the building Body Corp. She says the area where our car was is actually undamaged. Residents have also been given the go ahead to enter the property to remove possessions, so we're heading back up to Christchurch tomorrow.

Louisa (my girlfriend) and I have also decided that we're going to relocate to Melbourne, probably at the end of the month. We want to work a while and make some money then do some traveling.

-W.C. Fields
Hi,

(03-03-2011, 01:02 AM)LennyLen Wrote: Louisa (my girlfriend) and I have also decided that we're going to relocate to Melbourne, probably at the end of the month. We want to work a while and make some money then do some traveling.

If you find yourself in the Pacific Northwest on your travels, let magi and I know. We'd be happy to show you Seattle and the surroundings -- one of the most beautiful places on earth, IMO.

Best of luck in Melbourne.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:If you find yourself in the Pacific Northwest on your travels, let magi and I know. We'd be happy to show you Seattle and the surroundings -- one of the most beautiful places on earth, IMO.

Sounds good. I have fond memories of a few visits to Seattle that we took when I lived in BC as a child.

-W.C. Fields