Chat and Combat Log Headers
Except for one poor Wintergrasp, my playing time tonight was spent in frustration, trying to configure my characters' UI. I was going to say there are times when I hate Blizzard, but that would not be nice.

Is there any way to remove the Chat Log and Combat Log headers?

It would be nice also if there were a way to make the log backgrounds always completely transparent, and have no mouseover effect.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
If you right click the header, you can make the windows non-interactive, which will allow the background to stay completely transparent all the time, but you will still see the scrolling buttons. That hasn't changed in the patch. I've never been able to find a way to shut off the headers though.

Edit: Hunh, while the option to make it non-interactive is still there, it does still bring the background up if you mouse hover. That's just silly. I haven't checked yet if switching to classic chat will fix that or not.

Edit2: Nope, even in classic style it still brings up the background with the window being non-interactive. Sorry.
Intolerant monkey.
The new chat log is frustrating, yes. I haven't found a way to make it consistently transparent, yet. It always has the mouseover effect.
(06-23-2010, 11:09 AM)Treesh Wrote: If you right click the header, you can make the windows non-interactive, which will allow the background to stay completely transparent all the time, but you will still see the scrolling buttons. That hasn't changed in the patch. I've never been able to find a way to shut off the headers though.

Edit: Hunh, while the option to make it non-interactive is still there, it does still bring the background up if you mouse hover. That's just silly. I haven't checked yet if switching to classic chat will fix that or not.

Edit2: Nope, even in classic style it still brings up the background with the window being non-interactive. Sorry.

Thanks for trying. The most recent version of the addon nibChatTabs fixes the problem with the headers. There is still no fix that I have found that addresses the window background transparency.

Edit: In addition, the addon nibHideBlackBar removes the space the combat log (formerly) black bar takes up!
If anyone is interested nibChatTabs and nibHideBlackBar seem to work for Classic as well.
Holy thread necro batman!
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
*Enters thread ready to delete some spam that a bot necro'ed a thread with*

"Oh, it's just LavCat."
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.