Multi Player Question
Hello all!

Thank you for all your past suggestions. I know you are all seasoned players, but I finally beat Diablo last night on single player! :-) Thanks to you all, I had good equipment/strategy and managed to beat Diablo with little resistance.

LennyLen - I did read Jarulf's guide, which is very extensive :-), so thank you. I admit that although I 'understood' what was written, I'm still in the dark on how to determine item level/generation. I've read a previous post in this forum and tried to apply that formula to my 'Brutal Bow of Swiftness', yet gave up! he he

Question, it was mentioned in my previous post that I could play multi player by myself. When I started my character last night I randomly picked to connect with cable connection (?). Anyhow, this morning I was going to check out the battle net and when I clicked on 'battle net connection', it stated I had to start a new character.

How do you all play mutli player by yourself? Also, Jarulf's guide stated that I couldn't transfer my single player to multi, just wanted to make sure that was still correct?

Thank you guys, enjoy your day!
Wendy
Hi,

(05-02-2010, 07:03 PM)wenraff Wrote: Question, it was mentioned in my previous post that I could play multi player by myself. When I started my character last night I randomly picked to connect with cable connection (?). Anyhow, this morning I was going to check out the battle net and when I clicked on 'battle net connection', it stated I had to start a new character.
Hmmm. Try starting a cable game and see if it brings up a list with your characters. If yes, then are you playing with an old version? If not, then you lost your character somehow. You might just start directly on b.net with a new character.

BTW, you aren't asking about creating an account, are you. Because that's a different thing entirely.

Quote:How do you all play multi player by yourself?
Just start a multi-player game. If you do it locally (IPX, direct connect, or modem), you'll be playing solo right away. If you start it on b.net (and no reason to, unless you want to play in a group), just make a password and don't give it out -- you'll be playing solo.

Quote:Also, Jarulf's guide stated that I couldn't transfer my single player to multi, just wanted to make sure that was still correct?
Yes. There are single player quest items that would be a problem if brought into multi. Not to mention the difference in difficulty could make it difficult for the player to adapt. Better to start a new character.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,

Thanks, your the best! :-) I have tons of questions in my head, and am trying not to be annoying! he he

Yeah, I don't wish to play with anyone, cause I'm not exactly a pro at the game and I'd embarrass myself! :-)

Can you switch the level of difficulty on multi player? Let's say I start a character on 'normal', and then decide I want 'difficult'. Can I keep the same character? Or do I have to beat Diablo on 'normal' then I can upgrade my difficulty?

And lastly, how high/level can a character get? Please forgive all the questions :-)

Wendy
Once you are level 20 you can join nightmare (but not until then) and once you are level 30 you can join hell. With the same character you've been using. The maximum character level is 50.
Hi,

(05-02-2010, 08:31 PM)wenraff Wrote: Thanks, your the best! :-) I have tons of questions in my head, and am trying not to be annoying! he he

Yeah, I don't wish to play with anyone, cause I'm not exactly a pro at the game and I'd embarrass myself! :-)
We're a pretty tolerant group around here. More interested in good people than in good players. So don't worry about asking questions and don't worry about playing with people. Anyone who will not cut a newbie some slack probably isn't someone you want to play with anyway.

Quote:Can you switch the level of difficulty on multi player? Let's say I start a character on 'normal', and then decide I want 'difficult'. Can I keep the same character? Or do I have to beat Diablo on 'normal' then I can upgrade my difficulty?
Well, there are three difficulty levels in multi: normal, nightmare, and hell. Which levels you have access to depends on your character's level. One to 19 is normal only, 20 to 29 is normal or nightmare, and 30 and above is all three. You actually do not need to beat Diablo at any level, ever (although most people do), in multi. It's more about building your character and playing skills.

Quote:And lastly, how high/level can a character get? Please forgive all the questions :-)
Fifty, although you can still get experience past then, IIRC.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?