Karmic Story Of A Pk'er Death
This (true) story starts on a snowy day in act 5 on the hell difficulty with my bowazon in hardcore uswest. I had first entered the game, lured in by the tell-tale tracks of a druid an sorceress on the JOIN GAME nav bar. Their levels were of ripe age and I knew I had to sink my arrows into them. The game name tipped me off that they were good as dead: Act 5 Kill Baal. "Just enter the game, act friendly and party up to find out where they are, hostile, take wp, and get them, " I thought to myself in gleeful anticipation - my hands already starting to sweat. I double checked my inventory - good damage charms, rares for gear, but beggers cant be choosers, and my prize possession, a windfoce borrowed from my friend who found it from countless mf runs. It was time to make the move.

I said, "hey guys, whats up? I need to kill baal." Instantly, I'm partied and see their location: darn, already in worldstone level 3. No matter. I hostile and take wp and run at top speed frantically trying to find the stairs down. To my amazement, they dont immediatly exit, but my heart is racing now and I dont question this as an omnious sign. I find the stairs and plunge into the depths of worldstone 3 to find them about to decend the next lair of stairs. There is a third party member with them. Funny I didnt see him before, but no matter, the barbarian will drop with the rest of them! I start shooting Guided arrow madly and they, likewise, start a retaliation. I hit the barbarian first and he immediatly exits to town when just one of my arrows takes 1/3rd of his live. His two comrades fight bravly but in the end I murder them. Now in my euphoric state of "superior" bliss (I've never done this before and I don't know why I did it this time), I mock them. "HAhaha!" I say two or three times. They ask me, "why?" and I continue to laugh maniacally when SUDDENLY I hear a dreaded, "BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!" OMG! I forgot I'm in worldstone! Baal's lighting attack! My negative -60 lighting resists.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Before I had time to react, I was dead, struck down at the feet of those I had slain.

As you can imagine, they laughed at me so hard and called me so many names, well lets just say I have NEVER been so humiliated in my life. I had been pantsed in school, told I was a horrible date before, and endured many other embarrassing moments, but this took the cake, and those dead guys were having a field day with names to call me. Needless to say, I left with my tail between my legs.

Oh yes and the karmic part? Their barbarian friend got loot from both of them and I lost my friends windforce. Boy did I have some explaining to do.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin