Faster Hit Recovery Rates For Mercenaries
The only source I know of for FHR tables is here:

http://www.diabloii.net/faq/pvp.shtml

It does not mention mercenaries at all. I am hesitant to assume that an Act 2 mercenary will have the same recovery rates as a Paladin, although that would make sense.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

This is exactly the kind of info I would LOVE to compile when 1.10 comes out, just to have it all in one place for easy reference once and for all.

Well, maybe not compile, but HOST, I mean. Compiling this info for all classes would take too darn long. :)

Faster Hit Recovery, IAS breakpoints, etc etc etc, the kind of stuff the Arreat Summit doesn't have.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Interestingly enough, I had a similar idea of putting togeather a 'diablo bible' of sorts, yes, somewhat like the one Jarluf made, filled with informative tables you can't find normally such as Fastest Hit Recovery, Fastest Cast, Increased Attack Speed break points per class per weapon, Fastest Run/Walk, Fastest Block, Block% Formula, etc.

I think the item part (listing each and every item, damage, durability, etc.) and class part would get a little tedious and I personally would not be so inclined to finish that part of this diablo 2 bible, but nonetheless, it would be a great handbook. Trouble is, start it now or after the patch? The obvious answer is to wait for the patch!

So Bolty, would you compile it into a large document, or make it more like diabloii.net where you could click on a section of information you were looking for and find it that way? Just curious.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Whatever became of Addiction's guide? Dead in the water?

I almost hate to quote you, Bolty. But here goes:

From this News Archive

Quote:Here it is, folks.  The next Jarulf's Guide, the supercompendium of Diablo II knowledge and data.  211 pages of reference material that is a must-get guide for any serious Diablo II fan, four months in the making.

I haven't seen hide nor hair of Addiction in YEARS.
I found the following at the Amazon Basin, posted by Tommi. Good for a start, I suppose.

There was a merc FHR discussion on diabloii.net. They came to conclusion (an enlightened guess) that it could be:

Act 2 mercenary
FHR Frames
0 --> 7
18 --> 6
48 --> 5
125 --> 4

The table is exactly the same as for druid/necromancer in the PvP FAQ. It is apparently completely untested and purely theoretical based on some information in the game files. For more information, see:
http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.p...genumber=1

From the same thread:

Act 5 barbarian mercenary
FHR Frames
0 --> 5
26 --> 4
86 --> 3

This is exactly the same as the barbarian hit recovery table in the PvP FAQ.

If someone could write down "get hit" animation frames for all mercenaries in the game files (and apparently subtract one from them, see Ruvanal's description in the dii thread), FHR breakpoints could be found in the table in the PvP FAQ. All this is theoretical as long as it remains untested, of course.

Cheers,

Tommi
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

DeeBye,Feb 20 2003, 02:43 AM Wrote:I almost hate to quote you, Bolty.  But here goes:
That's the only incorrect, silly, overhyped thing you've found me say? You haven't looked hard enough! :lol:

I think Addiction realized that his document, despite its size, contained only a piddling portion of the totality of information you could gather about the game. He picked up his sanity and left town. Can't blame him.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Something like that for a game as complex and HUGE as Diablo II would be overwhelming for me to even think of making! I'll just stay content with my little niche in the Diablo II society with my Wereform IAS charts and their accompanying guides for the Werewolf and Werebear. I don't blame Addiction for getting out while he could! :lol:
-TheDragoon
Actually Bolty, there is a place for IAS calcs that Arreats has posted in the files section. It's one of their "red" links, meaning that Blizz doesn't support them for their efforts, but they have it there.

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weapon...hp?lang=english

Nice calculator (assuming it is correct), can help you with all the chars/mercs and weapons. Complete with skill mods too! :)

Hope that helps or is relatively what you were talking about.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
Note that it doesn't work for Wereforms too well. :)
-TheDragoon
If a variety of folks make a contribution to a group of different game elements, a team effort sort of like the Encyclopedia Britannica, then you would find a nice 1.10 Encyclopedia Diablica. Here are volumes I feel are worth presenting, consistent with Shadow's Theme.

O. Quest Tricks (Such things as Duri Mules, etc.)

I. Hard Core Guide. (OK, I am already prepping this for 1.10 inputs)

II. Class Strat Guides: (Focus on skills and not items.)

A. Amazon
B. Assassin
C. Barbarian
D. Druid
E. Necromancer
F. Paladin
G. Sorceress

III. Item Madness School:

A. Crafting and Cubing Guide (Crafts and Gem recipes)
B. Imbuing Guide (If anyone is interested)
C. Shopping Guide (Ilvl areas of interest)
D. Gambling Guide
E. Magic Finding For The Materially Obsessed (last priority)
F. Runes and other Graffitti (Start with a Link to 'Runica' and go from there to discuss odd things about various and sundry runes and rune words.)

Features Section

IV. The Merc Bible:

A. Rogues
B. Greiz' Legionaires (Town Guards to the uninitiated)
C. Iron Wolves
D. Beefcakes (Uh, Barbarians)

V. Weapon Features

A. IAS
B. ED
C. CB, OW, HCMF, PMH
D. Wereform Attacks

VI. Defensive Features

A. Blocking Frame Rates by Class
B. DR
C. FHR
D. Faster Run Walk
E. Fun with Damage and Magic Damage Reduction

VII. Minion Madness

A. The Bimbo Report (Decoy and Valkyrie)
B. Eye Shadow Junkies (Shadow Warrior and Master)
C. The Petting Zoo (Druid pets)
D. Field General's Compendium: (Quirks with golems, skeletons, revives that are not in a Necro Guide)

The very last priority:

VIII. Item Weirdness

All the weird crap that Uniques, sets, Crafts, Rares and Rune words do that one does not expect. Like, the Eth bug, etc.

OK, there is a lot of already solid baseline info out there. By breaking this field of knowledge down into sub categories, and giving each sub category a small guide, versus a bloody big phone book sized tome, and spreading out the work, a great deal can be presented to our dear host to put on his bookshelf.

Don't forget, all volumes to be bound in Black Leather with gold lettering. :)

Who is with me? I have already commited to editing 'Rahl's Hardcore Guide' with new 1.10 info once 1.10 is out.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete