The Zakarum Priestess?
For what began as kicks, I cooked up a sorc this week.
To my delight, I realized while fighting a cantor, that my dearest new creation WAS a cantor (she uses Chain Lightning & Blizzard). As this was unintentional, it made me all smiley & warm.
I had played her just about naked most of the way through the desert, using socketeds when I could find them. Used the Horadric Staff for a while. Very fun - being first time in a while I've played untweaked (I know, I know, bad swarm).
While in Kurast purchasing her first mask (dunno...I've always had a thing for the mask) I had the odd thought - "Yeah, she's only allowed to wear masks."
I started realizing I may have made a variant that's been overlooked...
The only Zakarum Sexton thing she can't emulate is healing... maybe I could run around dropping reds all over the place... dunno :)

She wields either a wand, or a flail (fast attack for the chain lightning :) ) and its either a mask or nekkid. For shields, I've just used those that drop in A3.

Fun stuff ... has this been done before?

Either way, fun stuff :)

Edit: She teleports too... an ability I think I have *finally* gotten the hang of, with some degree of skill. Bout time. :)
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
Swarmalicious,Feb 22 2003, 11:38 PM Wrote:The only Zakarum Sexton thing she can't emulate is healing... maybe I could run around dropping reds all over the place... dunno :) 
Try an item with charges of Holy Bolt or maybe just drag a Prayer Merc around as the standard.
Swarmalicious,

I have almost the exact same sorceress. She is fun, but kind of an unweildy freak. I have way too little mana even with max warmth, and i put way too much in dex and strength. WAY too much.

I used to use a chu-no-ku with 2 hels and 3 shaels for a fast attack speed for my CL. However, I went to act 2 in nighmare and bought a cutlass of quickness from fara! YOWZA! not as fast as the chu-no-ko, but close with a socket quest leaving me with 2 sockets for shaels.

Now I'm considering a rebuild using Frozen Orb. I hate going with orb, but in Hell, what I need more than anything is crowd control, and I just cant reliably get it with blizzard. Sometimes a monster standing by a wall wont be hurt by it, and it has no chilling duration and small coverage. Anything that runs fast (which is what I need help against) almost always runs under and through it.

SO, I'm thinking about re-creating her with Frozen Orb.

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
id rather use glacial spike, honestly.... add in some meteor, and you've got one heck of a tri-elementalist variant there.
I didn't run into many mana probs after lvl 20 or so really.
The main factors are, I think:

-I play mostly 1-4 player games, so each monster is easier to destroy. Less casts = less mana depleteion.

-I didn't beef up my attack speed as recommended in the chain-lightning guides (I try not to read guides until after I play my own ideas out for a while anyway :D ).
I found I didn't really need it, since one blizzard & 2 or 3 chain lights is pretty much it for any beast below Act 5 NM. I tried a 4-shaeled flail (lucky to find all 5 of those components) for a while and found that while she did cast like a freaked out hummingbird, the blue ball emptied way too fast.

-I haven't killed NM Baal, and thus haven't been into hell yet. This, of course, makes her life easier. 66 in NM is kind of easy going once you've played a while. Probably won't bother to either, as my life-soaked bear druid is the flavor of the week. :D

Thanks for readning / feedbacking

- Swarm
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap