Master Gold Finding Character Help
Albion Child,Apr 2 2003, 07:50 AM Wrote:Gold find is not bugged or nerfed for chests, it simply doesn't work.  You get XX% extra gold from monsters. Chests are not monsters.  So if it seems thst chests don't give you much gold, I'd bet you are right.
You obviously did not check this statement before making it. Look at my post at the begining of this thread for how to calculate the gold that will drop. It also has a link so that you can calculate the amount of gold to expect from the random chests around the area (not preset terrain containers like Wirt). If you test a resonable amount of gold find in one of the simpler areas (act 1 normal is the easiest to do the calcuations for) you will find that the gold find works for the random chests just as well as it does for monsters.

In fact, one thing I have noticed is the the gold find will in some cases still work on some of the special containers that does not use your magic find amount for generating the item quality. This will make it such that there are more cases that your gold find will work in than your magic find will.

Chest example:
Cold Plains normal difficulty. ilvl=2; base gold amount 2 to 10 per drop.
Character with +486 gold find (incidental bonuses for this character).
Expeted sizes of gold piles from the random terrain containers.
base -> modified by the GF%
2 -> 11
3 -> 17
4 -> 23
5 -> 29
6 -> 35
7 -> 41
8 -> 46
9 -> 52
10 -> 58
And these were in fact the sizes that I was finding from a short walk through the area.
Albion Child,Apr 2 2003, 12:50 PM Wrote:Gold find is not bugged or nerfed for chests, it simply doesn't work.  You get XX% extra gold from monsters. Chests are not monsters.  So if it seems thst chests don't give you much gold, I'd bet you are right.
go put 2000% goldfind on and open some rocks, boxes, bodies and so on. its easy to see that goldfind does work on them. if you run around with only a few 100% you wont see much but push your items to +2k and you will.
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.