Hey, where did my gloves go?
Before I start this post, I would like to inform the readers that I am not under the influence of any nacrotics. I have suffered from lack of sleep, but my mental conditions aside, I believe my gloves were abducted by aliens or at any rate not on my character!

Ok, so I quested in a public game with my Druid. I was wearing sigon's gloves. I leveled up, and I got up to 110 str to wear the IK belt. As I fight on, I notice there's that lack of durability sign showing. I open the inventory and see that my belt was red. Ok, no problem repair it. But then the belt was still red. I told Halbu that I would be really angry if he ripped me off again. But no, the belt could not be donned.

It was then i noticed that the glove slot was empty.

I thought I was crazy, so I changed back to my old belt and ran around and donned a random magical glove from the floors of hell.

Next time I opened my inventory... it was gone too!

Now, this is just bizzare. The magical glove disappeared too! Had my Druid some kind of allergic reaction to gloves?

I can only think of two reasons:

1.) Once it was laggy and I accidently dropped a piece of equipment on the floor. But I never opened my inventory except in the cases stated above.

2.) A friend lent it to me. This strikes me that the gloves were duped?? But who the heck would dupe Sigon's Gloves? And that fails to explain the second gloves disappearing.

Anyhow, it was no major loss, but this just baffles me. :) Anyone have a clue?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
It's probably what you suspect that you mistakenly took them out in lag or something. Gloves being about the center of the screen on the left hand side of the inventory are the easiest to do this with without noticeing right away.

This is a bad habbit for you to develop so you may want to unbind your inventory key from "i" so it won't accidentally open on you when you are wearing something more valuable than sigons gage. Long ago I had to do something similar with my skills hotkey because in hot situations I kept opening it and would click on some useless skill. About half my early chars had this issue, my first realm barb had 2 points in leap, a ranger paladin I made had 2 points in blessed aim. oops :)