3dfx Drivers for XP?
I've been hoping to get into playing some Diablo II again, especially as 1.10 is supposed to be coming out some time in the next decade.
The only problem with this is that I have 'upgraded' to Windows XP, and, while it's generally an improvement, my computer is only a PII350, and only capable of running DII playably(dp?) with my Voodoo 3.
As I have only a 56K modem, and the pantheons of 3rd party drivers are from 2MB to 10MB+, I was wondering if anyone here has the same problems and/or knows of a driver which will work properly?
Hmm, I used to be heavy into 3dfx stuff. But my memory is a tad fuzzy. If I recall getting Glide to work on WinXP is rather tricky. (things may have changed, but I'm unsure, I doubt they have much, being how 3dfx is dead. And I believe x3dfx is also dead)

I would have to look up some things. But I can't right now.

But I'll give a little advise ;). If you have a system of that age (p2 350), and a Voodoo3. I would give WinXp the middle finger, until you get a higher end system and video card. WinXP doesn't work to shabby with 3dfx products, and it runs slow on processors such as that.

I recommend going back to Win98SE or WinME (3dfx video cards run better on 9x OS). Perhaps Win2k, but that is entirely up to you. You really don't NEED WinXP (Especially for gaming, with a voodoo series).

I'll look up things later today, but rather busy right now.