Whatever happened to increases during the ___time?
I remember getting one of those items back in 1.06 (or was it 1.07?). But there aren't any anymore... at least none that say that they are. The thing that made me think of this was when I was using some thing, my damage was like 39-46 or something like that, and when I made a new game, it is now 20-21... So, is there something I am just forgetting, am I just wacko, or is increases at a certain (night or day) time of day just a hidden attribute?
Don't quote me on this, I may be very wrong. But anyway :

1) Your item was probably a bugged item, those spawned a lot during hacking sprees and in other conditions, mostly related to server load I think. Note that I didn't say you were hacking or whatever, those items spawned a lot for perfectly legit player (someone I know got a Twitchthroe with the stats of Kalim's Flail while doing a normal Meph run, IIRC)
2) Those attributes (XXX increases at dawn/dusk) were designed, there is the code to have them, but in theory they can't spawn (except on a bugged item)
3) Those items were not implemented because, again IIRC, day cycle is a client-side thingie, not a server-side thingie (I think it's possible to be at daylight on a comp and at night on another one in the same game)

Again, I may be totally wrong. :)
CorwinBrute,Apr 6 2003, 03:26 PM Wrote:Again, I may be totally wrong. :)
You are pretty much right on this. I think that the day/night cycle problem may have been fixed between the server and client in one of the later patches, but I have not tested it. Isolde may know for sure on that point.
Yup, day night-cycle synchronization was added (though I think it was at the same time as the per time properties). However, the properties themselves didn't survive playtest in that they weren't fun enough to make the confusion associated with them worthwhile.

At no time were those properties ever turned on in a release build and the only way to get them would have been through a bug.
Hmm... the one I found was on single player mode... of course, my memory might be a little fuzzy and I could have remembered reading about it or something. :blink:
Or perhaps you were playing a mod?
Hail Isolde,

I recall a spree of bugged items dropping shortly after the release of LoD: I remember seeing plenty of such items posted on fora at this time. It is possible that they are the source of the memmory :)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Nope. This was way back when, before I even heard of the Lurkerlounge, or mods... just the regular game. And the diablo homepage/guide/that one guide thing that comes with the battlechest...
Only once in all my playing, but I saw a set item pick up the stats of a unique in single player.

I think that there is a dangling pointer somewhere, that very rarely becomes an issue. Heavy server load likely increases the probability of that situation happening though.
Do you remember if it dropped with those stats or did it change type after it dropped at some point?
It dropped with those stats. I didn't keep the item around though.
Just something that has been irking me, I dunno if this was fixed in 1.10 (probably not...)

Since the expansion, the dawn cycle has been screwed up. There used to be a very smooth transition from the darkness of night to the brightness of day, with a beautiful orange coloration effect in 3D mode. Since the expansion, the process "aborts" at some point, that is, in early dawn, the time suddenly skips directly to broad daylight. Aside from this looking ugly, this ends up shortening the "dawn" period on these per-time effects, which mods sometimes make use of.
I was going to look at this but forgot :(
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to have the dll, assertation string, ordinal, or some kind of hint, would you? :D