Damage modifiers on chip and cube swords
Hello all;

Well having given up on LoD I find myself 'starting over' in Classic realm play. Having a lot of fun too BTW. My question is this,

I seem to recall a link that I thought was from The Lurker Lounge a couple of months after LoD came out that explained the possibilities that could be rolled from the 3 chipped gems cube recipe on swords. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to roll King's on swords like a tusk, gothic, zweihander, executioner etc.

Anyone no of a spot where this has been figured out?

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

HeL
"My Karma ran over your Dogma"

HeL
Dii.net Affix Calculator

Try that link. You should be able to work out what is possible. Remember that ilvl, as in what level monster dropped the item, and your level, are variables. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
>>>Dii.net Affix Calculator

I might be wrong. But I'd bet, dectgap would mind putting his calc in relation to diabloii.net. :)

>>>Remember that ilvl, as in what level monster
>>>dropped the item, and your level, are variables.

Well, speaking of the chipped gem recipe, both variables don't matter since the ilvl of the output sword will be set to 30 anyways. Beside the affix calc you can also use the information and the tables given on this page. It contains an overview of the affix levels of every possible item that can be cubed with the chipped gem recipe.

cu
Thanks both of you I really appreciate it!

EDIT had a look...That actually ends up being rather dissapointing. I guess it's try, try again but for a decent sword the 3 chippies recipe is really only relevant for Diablo2 xpack. Even on an Executioner you cannot roll Kings. I think it is possible to run across a vendor in hell though with a sword that has nce mods. We'll see and once again thanks for the links.
"My Karma ran over your Dogma"

HeL
nookiestar,Apr 22 2003, 09:19 PM Wrote:>>>Dii.net Affix Calculator

I might be wrong. But I'd bet, dectgap would mind putting his calc in relation to diabloii.net. :)
I can assure you that you are not wrong =)

My first reaction when I saw the link that said "Dii.net Affix Calculator" was that Worgus had gone mad, and had started to copy all d2-information he could find on the net.

Now I (just like all d2-players, I guess) am just waiting for patch 1.10 to come so we can update the calculator.