i have an prob
OK Kiss's registry looks totally different
You can see it here

I'm telling him to get rid of the battle-net keys re-install diablo and pray that it does not #$%& up his pc entirely

he is running Xp prof by the way
Jane,Apr 22 2003, 04:35 PM Wrote:I'm telling him to get rid of the battle-net keys re-install diablo and pray that it does not #$%& up his pc entirely
My God, don't have him delete his keys! There's absolutely NO need for that! Trust me. See my post below for full instructions, as well as all the necessary file(s). If you need more help, feel free to contact me via e-mail, AIM, or ICQ, as well as post here. But don't have him tinker with the registry directly! Lord knows what he could do! ;)

AIM: RolandBNet
E-Mail: Roland_Gunslinger_DT(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

P.S. - I see that he's using XP. Makes it much easier, since I use Windows 2000. If something goes terribly wrong, I can whip up a quick registry file for him to apply (much like he did to screw himself over like this ;)). Windows 98 would have been a bit more problematic. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Just a note: maybe his other Blizzard products (namely DII) will experience multiplayer problems due to the fact that they suddenly won't have a registry entry under Battle.net. I cannae say for sure, I'd be able to try it if I had anything else apart from Diablo. Can't wait to get that DII best-seller series here. Anyway, if that happens, he should reinstall those products too, but only AFTER he successfully connects to B.net with Diablo. Otherwise he'll never know if it helped.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
oops to late for that, at least his pc is still working ...

**edit***
yes it worked
what an adrenaline rush
...he has anything but Diablo, you are in essence right.

There are three "sets" of Gateways:
  • Battle.Net Gateways - supports Diablo, Starcraft, Starcraft: Brood War, and Warcraft II: Battle.Net Edition
    Diablo II Battle.Net Gateways - supports Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
    Warcraft III Battle.Net Gateways - supports Wacraft III and, ultimately, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.<>
    [st]
    All Gateways for all Blizzard clients EXCEPT Wacraft III and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne are found under
    Quote:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battle.net\Configuration
    . Warcraft III and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Gateways are found under
    Quote:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
    (presumably; for the time being, while beta testing, TFT has a seperate registry key under "Blizzard Entertainment", due to having seperate Gateways solely for the Beta). As such, deleting any of these would surely cripple his Battle.Net capabilities, for any game. ;)

See my other posts for details on how to solve the issue. Barring that, I can create a registry file that he can import to very quickly and painlessly solve everything for him. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Jane,Apr 22 2003, 04:50 PM Wrote:oops to late for that, at least his pc is still working ...

**edit***
yes it worked
what an adrenaline rush
God I love you computer newbies. :) A barrel of laughs everytime (well, when you're not giving people like me migraines ;)).

Hope everything works out. And, again (what's this, the third time? Somebody shut me up and put me to bed), if he needs a fix, I can make one. Even with him having nuked the entries, I can put them back in in a jiffy. :) Just ask if you need it.

Good luck! To him, AND you. ;) :lol:
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Great stuff. I'm glad my brute force approach proved to be successful, although Roland's elegant solution would surely be a lot safer. I'm pretty confident changing the registry myself, but suggesting that to someone else who might not know all that much about computers... Must have been a brain cramp.

But anyway, hopefully you'll get a bigger turn up at the next meeting, Jane. ;)
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
What am I, a ballerina?

Figures. The only thing I'm "elegant" at involves a keyboard and my fingers. But if I try walking from my room to the kitchen, I hit myself on the doorway, almost squash the cat, and fall into the fridge. Go figure. :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
If he has difficulty communicating because of a language barrier, he needs to say so. We're not psychic. We can't know where he's from or what he speaks unless he tells us. To us, it looks like run-of-the-mill AOLer chat-speak - thus the warning.

If that's his best effort, that's perfectly alright. There are many bilingual Lurkers here.

-Lem
Als het nog steeds niet gelukt is...kun je het misschien in het Nederlands uitleggen;)

(All not speaking dutch can ignore this)
Roland,Apr 22 2003, 01:33 PM Wrote:3) MANUALLY patch from 1.00 to 1.09 (1.09b if you're on a Windows NT platform)
*Smacks head*

Roland, you have hopefully solved one of my problems! (I think, haven't tested it yet). I recently formatted my hard drive and upgraded to WinXP professional, NT based. Without knowning the difference, I upgraded to 1.09d. So, I was wondering why I couldn't connect to battle.net...
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Thnx for the offer, but everything works again.

Jane humbly bows her head to the computer gods.

She did not feel to comfortable with Kiss putting fate of his pc in her hands.
I guess I am still a newbie too. The only reason why I told him to delete the key was that it had a huge battlenet-sign on it and well ... we could not break that cause it was already broken.

thnx for the help guys ;) , I would never have thought of the registry without you