question bout vampire weapons
Hey ppl, i'm a serious diablo/hellfire fan (DIABLO 2 IS NOTHING) :)
The weapon i'm looking for is the Kings sword of vampires, and i have two questions about it:
1) 5% of what? (character damage or target hp?)
2) Where might i find it? (read: too lazy to understand jarulfs guide)

I can imagine my (alrd godlike) warrior healing/teleporting like crazy and refilling his mana with every move he makes ;)

Tx for helping an unknown player...
( Only playing on lan with local friends, b/c I DONT TRUST U PPL jk:P )
Hi,

Here are two attempts at answering two questions:

1) 5% of character damage

2) You might find it at Gris or in hell (section, not difficulty)

- Gris can sell it from clvl 26+;
- Chests, weapon racks & the lot: on dlvls 14 & 15;
- You can get it from monsters mlvl 28+ (steel lord, blood knight, hell spawn, soul burner, cabalist, advocate);
- Unique monsters (bosses) with base monster's mlvl 24+ can also drop it (caves: Windspawn, Witchfire the Unholy, Lionskull the Bent; hell: Doomcloud, Gorefeast, Blackskull, Fangskin, Witchmoon, Stareye the Witch, Bloodlust, Blackjade, Red Vex, Rustweaver, Graywar the Slayer, Steelskull the Hunter, Sir Gorash, Dreadjudge, The Vizier, Lazarus);

At Gris you'll only be able to get a qlvl 7+ weapons (among others a broad/bastard and flail), while from other sources you can get it on any weapon, even a dagger (which, on warriors, isn't that bad either).

BTW, I have a king/vamp on my warrior, and having a "god-like warrior", as you put it, got very boring, very soon. Long live (aye right) BARs!
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Something Dutch,Apr 22 2003, 02:31 PM Wrote:I can imagine my (alrd godlike) warrior healing/teleporting like crazy and refilling his mana with every move he makes ;)
My Tank Warrior uses a Bastard Sword version of KsoV. It is IMHO the most useful suffix you can have in the King's line for Warriors.

The reason KsoH( Speed, since the effects are the same ) is generally treated as being the favored sword is because it is an all-around weapon ( a good definition I've heard from Drac0nis ).

Stunlocking the lawyer-type monsters is not possible having a one-handed weapon without the Speed//Haste suffix; releasing yourself from huge mobs of fast-attackers is generally more painful without a Speed//Haste weapon ( Specially true for LAWs whose nightmares are the fast-attackers ).

Desyinc and Missed Hits may release a Witch from the stunlocking process during a Telekill with a KsoV, although that's not that usual to happen.

Still, I've learned quite a few strategies involving the use of KsoV. In mixed levels, melee monsters are used as fuel for telekilling the ranged attackers. Retreating with High AC is generally very simple. I used to teleport myself in unexplored places, fight back during the time I managed to, teleport out ( with High AC only autohit is going to make you get stunned while casting a spell ), Heal myself and teleport again in the room of conflict. Without spending a single potion.

I've spent most of the end of the career of this Warrior turtle-maging at Caves//Hell. KsoV proved again to be useful. Ordinary monsters are used as fuel source so that the F'balling and CL'ing everything could go on.

Another playing style that I haven't tried out unfortunately is the use of KsoV and HoS with a Medium AC range ( generally ~250 ). Such godlike Warrior with high blocking percentage would have a setup that could theoratically free him from the use of potions.

Well, my basic advice would be: carry a fast sword for dlvl 16 and Lawyer levels because it takes long to eliminate Advocates and Cabalists having to follow them over and over. Counselors and Magistrates have lower HP and can be taken over with a crit or two.

It is also important to know that since ManaSteal and LifeSteal are based on overall damage, it is much more effective for High Level Warriors ( clvl 40+ I would say ) than for middle-aged one.
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"
Thanks for all the answers/advice!!!
And question #3 should have been: Can KSoV be combined with the HoS? (muhaha)
Since the answer seems to be "yes", i will have to find em both;) Right now i'm wielding a Kings Sword of Carnage...maybe gonna look for a HoS 1st. I noticed the importance of the Haste suffix tho, always keeping a fast weapon in my inventory (next to my Weird Sword of the Heavens & CC). My friend, another badass warrior, and i just got the hang of telekilling and are hunting enchanted shrines for better spells. And being godlike isn't boring!!! not when ur other two friends are both overpowered tankmages (with dreamflange/stormshield/etc) :(
I'd like a KSoH just to be able to kill them for fun hehe.
You can also try combining more attributes, mostly for style not power though. I neat setup someone once suggested includes a HoS, a Sparking Mail and a Flaming weapon of Vampires(assuming these can spawn on the same item, can they?). Double elemental damage(more for the looks) and double steal, neat eh? :lol:
-Cytrex
Flaming = qlvl 7, Vampires = qlvl 19. So no, they can't be on the same item. Therefore the choice is either Flaming/Bat or Lightning/Vampires which kinda eliminates the elemental damage of two types. So I suppose the Bat would have to suffice.

P.S.: Of course, there are lots of Lightforge rings out there for that fire damage, but that's a style of playing nobody around here will stoop to. B)
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
I'm not up on my Bible trivia, and I seem to have missplaced my hard copy of it. Can Flaming swords of speed or haste be spawned anywhere in the game? Or is it only possable to find Lightning/haste & speed.

Also, would it be possable for wirt to sell plate of the whale of *any* kind (even the weak and pathetic breastplate)? Recently a lot of "legits" have turned up with it, and I'm not sure if they're using the old "I bought it at Wirt" excuse or if they are honestly buying these things. It is of course, stupid to trust a scanner on this sort of thing and as I mentioned, I can't find my Bible. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Flaming = qlvl 7, speed = qlvl 19. Only Lightning is possible with speed or haste when it comes to elemental damage.

Breast plate of the whale is possible (even I have one - and being a purist kinda makes me legit, not "legit"), but I'm not sure if anything more powerful than a breast plate is possible. I'm also pretty sure no prefixes are possible on plates of the whale either. I'd have to check with some price calculator to be sure, though.

BTW, why a plate of the whale? The AC difference between light armor and a breast plate is minimal, and a ruby, diamond or even sapphire cape (or whatever items are possible) of the whale could be great against magic using monsters and players.
-- Ford Prefect
I'm not sure why people select plate other then the "coolness" of wearing heavy armor. Kinda dumb, but that's part of why I raised my eyebrows at it.
Quote:Another playing style that I haven't tried out unfortunately is the use of KsoV and HoS with a Medium AC range ( generally ~250 ). Such godlike Warrior with high blocking percentage would have a setup that could theoratically free him from the use of potions.

My overdressed Warrior has such a setup. With a HoS on, he has (IIRC - it's been a while since I've played him) 262 AC, with 72% resist all, 450ish Life, 250ish Mana, and 120 Dex.

He uses a King's Bastard Sword of Speed, and also uses a King's Bastard Sword of Vampire.

To be frank, I prefer the KSoS/HoS combo. It's faster.

That's not to say that the KSoV/HoS combo is useless. One can indeed play potion-free. It's just not quite as effective, considering how much telekilling can be done with a belt full of potions.

With either setup, I can do full Hell/Hell clears without surfacing for pots. I do, however, need to surface for repairs as I've never found too many Hidden Shrines for my equipment. The various Mana Potions that drop here and there are usually enough to fuel my telekilling.

I find that the most fun levels to use the HoS/KSoV combo on are the (dreaded) tri-witch levels, AKA 4th of July. If you have little desynch, you can telekill for freakin' ever. It's a blast.

-DeeBye
"Saphire", "Ruby" and "Diamond" can be combined with "Of the Whale" in a breastplate and sold in CD. Still, max stats ( assuming you're aiming for HP ) possible are 51%/+86 ( That costing 134202 gold pieces ).

So, unless you are worried with the look I'd suggest trying to purchase a lighter armor which can have better stats.

No +AC% prefixes can be spawned in a Whale breastplate in CD due to the same price cap. Still, it wouldn't make a difference anyway...
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"