Realm down
I was kicked out of the battle.net rather unexpected the other day, and was unable to get into it again. I can log on to my account just fine but when i get to the charater selection screen i get "realm down" message. I logged on with topaz chat program and whispered a friend just to make sure, and he was still in the game.

Does anyone know a workaround to this bug, except to wait it out?
This is a 'feature' introduced by b'net (about a year ago) to combat duplication exploits. Methods of duplication involved sending bogus information to b'net and then quickly dropping out of a game and then re-joining the same game.

So b'net will show this message usually when you drop an item, then immediately exit a game (sometimes called 'slamming out'). I routinely get it when i dump my junk items at the end of a game and then slam out, especially if last item dropped was magic or better. I find that b'net logs me out all the way to password screen.

With this (now defunct) duping method, to make the dupe item permanent, you had to rejoin the game almost instantly. b'net combats this by making you wait 2 minutes to log back in, thus killing that particular dupe exploit.

My advice: next time it happens, take the opportunity to stretch... get a glass of water, and plot your next advance.
I get realm down about once a week. Usually its after a cow game with friends or an extreme lag session where I leave the game quickly and I think the game server still thinks I'm in the game. But when I get RD, it lasts for 15-30 minutes :angry: !!! Also, I have a friend who was constantly getting RD from doing pindle over and over and leaving game too quickly (and no, my one friend I'm reffering too does not use bots or other hacks) and his account was banned in the last banning. We both felt that was pretty unfair, but maybe he's not telling me everything <_< , but I've heard similar stories from constant MF'ers.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to justify those who were banned but I have a point. The point is try not to get realm down too often :P .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
What I usually do when I get this message is restart your internet connection if you have dial up. Else you could restart your computer? I don't know what else would work other than waiting. :lol:
V1.10!!!

AIM:NoPopUpsPlz (not on Much)
E-mail: Shecklerm@msn.com

Contact me for an TCP/IP game anytime!
Try connecting to another gateway. May or may not work. Bleh, it's pretty annoying.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Duper: "Why do you care if I cheat? It doesn't affect you."

Me: "Yeah except for realm down, desync, character not found, general lag...."